This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
    WRT to the ECU I am guessing it doesn't matter. But obviously my car is RHD, so I only get knobs, not buttons.
    then i dont know mate... i only can tell me about my experience with my car and my friend´s car who i did his pin swap

when are you willing to convert your 3B?
    RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
    BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
    LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• Because I have made so many changes, and the car has been stood for so long, it will be after I get it running in 3B mode.
      I got partway through the pin swap, and thought, 'what if it doesn't start?' It would make trouble shooting much more difficult.

That way I can get it running, test each coil and POS, swap the hall sender and so on.
      SS

Comment

• Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
        Because I have made so many changes, and the car has been stood for so long, it will be after I get it running in 3B mode.
        I got partway through the pin swap, and thought, 'what if it doesn't start?' It would make trouble shooting much more difficult.

That way I can get it running, test each coil and POS, swap the hall sender and so on.
        yeah,that´s well thought¡

forget your porsche and put your hands over your S2
        RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
        BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
        LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• I think have driven the Porsche twice since I came back from the Ring in early October. RWD is pheckin' useless at this time of year. So I can't really use that as an excuse.
          SS

Comment

• Hello,

I am new to this forum.

I am swapping my 3b 200 over to AAN ecu and wondering where you getting power for coils?

From original 3b coil power wire??

Thanks
            Andrew

Comment

• AAN Motronic Pin-out link

Originally posted by Android222 View Post
              Hello, I am new to this forum. I am swapping my 3b 200 over to AAN ecu and wondering where you getting power for coils? From original 3b coil power wire?? Thanks Andrew
              The AAN coils need switched power so if the 3B coil power comes on with the ignition switch in the "ON" position, then that *should* be good to go.

Have you seen this?:

AAN ECU T55 connector pin-out: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/21009.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Hey guys,

So I swapped over my ecu too AAN on my 200 20v and everything went fine!!
                Thanks for all the info. Running good and got a good tune on the dyno 295/301 whp/wtq at 24psi on my k26/t04e.

I still need to hook up vss and I am having trouble finding correct wire for it. You say there is a blue/white wire behind the radio? Is that true for 91 200 20v also? Which harness is it a part of?
                Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

• VSS wire

There is a blue and white wire that you can tap into under your rear seat. The differential lock has the same Bl/W wire you can splice into. That's what I did and no issues. You just have to run the wire under your carpet and center lower consel. Hope this helps

Cheers Good luch

Comment

• Vss

Forgot to mention that its pin 55 in the AAN Ecu just thought I would make sure you didn't forget

Comment

• Originally posted by araipilot View Post
                      There is a blue and white wire that you can tap into under your rear seat. The differential lock has the same Bl/W wire you can splice into. That's what I did and no issues. You just have to run the wire under your carpet and center lower consel. Hope this helps. Cheers Good luch
                      You don't need to go to the back seat to get a connection to the blue/white road speed connector. There is one available in Position 3 the green T6a connector in Connector Stn. 2. in the passenger side front kick panel.

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/209044.phtml

Comment

• Thanks for your help I got it figured out. Ended up finding the white / blue wire behind radio. Was hard because the PO butchered the wiring on a previous radio install.
                        No engine lights now and vagcom reads speed accurately.

Say does anyone know what pressure the 7a fuel pressure regulators are?
                        I read somewhere that they are 4bar just wondering if that's true?
                        If so do they bolt right in place of the 3b regulator?
                        Would be nice to run car on 4 bar instead of 3bar.

Thanks again for everyone's help!!

Comment

• Fuel Pressure Regulator info and PNs

Originally posted by Android222 View Post
                          ..Say does anyone know what pressure the 7a fuel pressure regulators are?
                          4 Bar, bolt in style. As mentioned in my Fuel Pressure Regulator Post

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/21108.phtml

Comment

• I am going to do pin swap in my 3B-engine and install ADU ecu with 2.5tfsi coilpack. Big thanks for Paul providing very good ECU pinouts chart . I read all information about coilpack installation and pinout, but I don't know how to connect coilpack signal ground in 3B after pin swap. I understand that coilpack pinout is following:

Coilpack pin1 -> +12v power from firewall connector
                            Coilpack pin2 -> Signal ground
                            Coilpack pin3 -> Signal from ECU
                            Coilpack pin4 -> Power ground into cam cover bolt

How I should connect coilpack pin2 (signal ground) in 3B after pin swap? In ABY/AAN coilpack pin2 can connect to firewall connector (N122 POS connector pin2) from it goes to ECU pin 30. In 3B I was planning to take +12 power from old ignition coil connector. This connector has also ground connector but I don't know if it is suitable for signal ground. Is the signal ground same as "normal ground"? I remember some warnings that power and signal ground should not mix together.

Comment

• I just grounded mine to the same as the power ground
                              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• I would take the signal ground from the coils back to the same earth point as the ECU, when you take the coil trigger signal wires from the ECU.
                                I don't think you should use a common earth point, I am sure the OE engineers did it like that for a reason, but I can't tell you why though!
                                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X