Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vasilis, my EV14's look the same as yours. I was told that the EV14's have a little built in filter but but they are not changeable.
    1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

The shop that you got the adapters from(and then i got them from you), will hopefully answer the question about the little filters on monday(they are closed for holidays till the 1st of august), so ill have a definitive answer.

Im more likely to use those ones anyway

Comment

Why don't you rely on your fuel filter after the fuel tank? Less filters is better flow

Comment

that is true.
          But, if all injectors (possibly except EV14) have these filters in by default, id like to know if they serve a true purpose or not. If not, then i have found that they are easily removed and therefore i will still use the black extenders. It looks like there are people using the EV14s without them, so all i need to do is cross reference that with the actual stores that sell the parts!

By the way, have you seen what gets clogged up in the fuel filter after a few thousant kms? scary stuff! if anything like that cloggs an injector you are screwed, where as if it stays on a filter, it may reduce efficiency of the injector and give you enough time to diagnose it before its too late! (at least that is the theory behind the filters)

Comment

The filters are an optional extra from the Finnish shop, they are the only ones to offer it, as has been pointed out above EV14 have internal filters so I was told when I bought mine

Comment

i also found another shop in australia who offers the extra filters.

once i have a response from those shops on monday, ill post the extra knowledge!

Comment

It's a comfort thing if you can afford them decent security option but many run without

Comment

All i want is a confirmation from the sellers that you can run with or without as well as the method of their flow matching. As i want to be sure what numbers to use when i plug them into vems. Dont want to have any surprises!!

Comment

Well, I wouldn't do a such hassle about this thing.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

no hassle sending a couple of emails

Comment

Response i got from the finnish shop was this:
                        the filters will not alter the flow rate and are generaly used up to 2000cc injectors. Reason for fitting them was because the EV14 do not have them(except their internal filters which cannot be changed in case of a clogg, you have to replace the injector). The injectors are usually flow tested without such filters(at least at his shop) but the difference would be neglicable and therefore you can use them normaly. Removing them would not make a difference either, so both choises are valid.

I think ill keep them on, and all extenders are nicely and securely fastened! Now all i need is my car back to fit them! haha

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                          ...all usual type injectors come with the little filter incorporated on their top orifice. My EV14 came with nothing on their top.Just a wide opening going toward's their center bit which you can look right through.]
                          Recieved.my EV14's today and they came just like yours. Maybe the filter is deeper inside..? I've got simpple extenders without grooves, clips and filters but I'm sure they will work as expected.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

well i have established that the little filters wont alter anything substantially, so ill use them along with the clips for extra safety and tight fit. its not only the top bit which may not be tight enough,(which usually is though) but also the fact that sometimes the injectors may sit further down and therefore become loose from the top

Comment

Well after 2 years of ev14 use I can tell you now, get the ones with the clip, just broke down cause injector top come loose fuel everywhere
                              Sods law what's the name of that company fis?

Comment

http://www.finjector.com/index.php?page=home

link from above

when you say 'broke down'? do you mean stall? or engine failure?

Comment

Working...
                                X