X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EV14 Fuel adaptor differences

Hi all,

just got the second type of extenders/adaptors for the EV14s today and noticed this big difference from my injectors.(look at photos).

the black ones are plastic, and carry a small clip that can mount on the fuel rail as OEM, while the blue are alloy without the clip.

Also, the blue are massively bigger in their opening, while the black ones are not only smaller, but also carry some kind of filtering as well. Im all for filtering, but is the massive difference in orifice size of a concern?

I've got a couple of different ones as well, including an 034 set, both are alloy. I'll post up pics later.
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Good stuff. Lets see the differences.
      Im now wondering if the actual clips have any meaning as the extenders are not part of the main injector...

Comment

seeing the ones you have Andy, looks like the 034 ones have the bottom lip which is required for the injectors to be properly mounted on the adaptors,thus not requiring the bottom spacer. With this clip, the adaptor becomes one with the injector, and therefore the OEM clip can be used with the black ones i have, or none at all.

I emailed the company that makes the black plastic ones, but everyone is away until the 1st of august. Tried blowing through the black one and it looks like its quite tough. I think there is some kind of filtration there at the top which is making the whole thing a bit strange, whereas the injector themselves, as well as the blue adaptors have a wide open orifice.

Comment

A little more info i have managed to obtain...

according to this photo: http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorcut1.php4

all usual type injectors come with the little filter incorporated on their top orifice. My EV14 came with nothing on their top.Just a wide opening going toward's their center bit which you can look right through. I am not sure if that is because they dont need the filter or not...

I have emailed FIC to ask if during their flow test they use such a filter or not, to see if this will alter in any way the parameters of flow.(probably not,but better safe than sorry!)

Ross/Andy, do you see this filter being implemented on the top of your innjectors? or are they just wide open like this:

Comment

as you can see from the photos, mine dont

they are empty about 35mm measuring from the top. That is almost half the injector size!

Comment

The black ones look like they're bigger and won't fit the injectors anyway.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

this is how an injector filter looks like:

http://fordfuelinjection.com/images/injector-filter.jpg

does everyone's EV14 came with something like this in?

Comment

black ones fit fine and secure on the injector with the clip:

top view with the filter implemented in the injector

Comment

I'm not sure why you would want a restriction on a spacer... anyway... I have the 034 ones and it's too fat to get an injector clip - and even if you could, the 'skirt' is not long enough for it to reach the groove in the injector clip anyway. I would have liked to see a set of clips as an option for these spacers!

There is a groove that fits the injector clip to the fuel rail, almost fits, unforunately the groove is about 1mm lower than it should be. A bit of 'modifying' the clip with a pair of pliers might have the required effect...
                    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Hi Ross,
                      its not a restriction as i begin to realise. Its standard for all injectors to have a filter. It looks as though there are EV14 injectors being delivered without them though

SO all i am asking is if people are just fitting them without the filter or with the filter OR if their EV14 have been delivered with the filter in them, as Jamo suggested, cause clearly mine do not have the filter.

If i were to install them as they are without the filter, is there a higher possibility of premature clogging?(although most of the work is done by the fuel filter as suggested by a few websites). If the filters are actually required, then i should use the black extenders which incorporate them!

The black ones are brilliant in that aspect as they can use 2 clips, one for the fuel rail and one for the extender on the injector(as on the photo) which secures everything tightly!

all im wondering is the filter, which if not needed, i can remove
                      Last edited by A80Avant; 30 July 2011, 13:26.

Comment

That's interesting - mine don't have a filter at all - and I am going ot just fit them that way. As you say, filtration should be done by the fuel filter (which reminds me, i still need to fit my new one...) but if those black spacers are a better fit than the 034 items I'd be very interested to know where they came from and how much they cost.

Cheers
                        Ross
                        AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

I'll send you the link in a few hours. It's a shop from Finland.

Comment

I think I'd use the the one with the filter, it will at least catch any debris that might get in when you change a fuel filter etc.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

http://www.finjector.com/index.php?page=home

That's the shop

Comment

Working...
                              X