X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big fuel leak out of injector 5

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
      Well after 2 years of ev14 use I can tell you now, get the ones with the clip, just broke down cause injector top come loose fuel everywhere
      Sods law what's the name of that company fis?
      How did that happen? Feulrail was loose?
      1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

PHEW! the shop is quick in response and should be able to supply them asap.

i will not use them until i come back from holidays anyway, but im sold on the clips solution

Comment

And what does the clip has to do with it? I didn't pressed the injector strong enough down or does it leaked from the seal?
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

they way these clips work is double. One clip for the extender and one clip for the injector being secured on the fuel rail.

Comment

i am wondering if the extenders need to have the same lubrication when fitted to the seals as the normal fittings. On my instructions i was told to use a bit of engine oil on the seals when fitting.

Comment

I don't see how the seals can go loose if the fuelrail is fit and there is not too much play on the injectors?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

I'm running topless now so no more problems

Comment

How did you fit them topless? New mounting holes for the fuel rail

Comment

^^ info Jamo!

I was just going to run with 034 spacers and try to bend the injector clip a little to attach the spacer to the fuel rail. And also drill out the holes slightly to drop the fuel rail a couple of mm. However, if this is still prone to leaking I'm either going to rethink that.
                      AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

...or?

Comment

I just run them without clips, but change all the O-Rings for the AAN ones, which are thicker, and they are fine.
                          They are so tight that it's hard to remove them by hand, never mind them coming loose...
                          http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

dont you have the bottom spacer though Dmitri?

Comment

Not on the latest batch, no...
                              With the spacer it is better of course. Especially with spacer and AAN O-Rings.
                              http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

i see, thats a good point, as the problem would only occur if the injectors move out of position.

so either:

1) secure them at the top
                                2) secure them at the bottom

1: extenders that have option of clipping on the injector and the rail, thus the injector acts as one, and once clipped on the fuel rail, will not move
                                2: extenders free and apposed by the fuel rail, while secured at the bottom by a spacer that will not allow them to move further down.

I think we have found the solutions for these small injectors!

Comment

Working...
                                X