Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the spacer and AAN O-Rings I don't really see how it could move out of position anymore.
    It fits really tight - I always lubricate the rings as well before fitting, and you have to use some force to take off the fuel rail...

Of course the best would be some sort of custom EV14 based injectors (perhaps from FIC?) which would be plug and play.
    For all applications below 420 HP, the Volvo 440cc injectors are perfect - they have a good spray pattern and fit nicely as well. But I think they are EV6.
    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

i think what is happening is that all retailers are stocking up the standard size and selling it much cheaper. Bosch does make the long version for the EV14,as i posted somewhere before here, but they are harder to find, and i dont know their codes.

Mine where sent from FIC through Efi Express and although when meant to be for audi they are supposed to be 60mm o-ring to o-ring, they came as the standard size.

I agree on the lubrication of the o-rings. On the fitment, FIC suggested a bit of engine oil rubbing on the rings before fitting.

Comment

Are the injector spacers you used these:

14MM Fuel Rail with Clip and Filter
        AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Those are the correct one's Ross

Comment

Thanks Jamo. Too much blood, sweat and tears (not mine) went into this build. It's so damn close now and I'm not gonna risk a slipped injector causing it all to go up in smoke and more tears (this time mine).

Ordered, if anyone wants an 034 set of spacers PM me (£25 plus postage).

Comment

Did you get me a set?
              S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

No I didn't realise you wanted one... let me see if I can alter my order. Talk to you later about it.

Comment

You just wanted the opportunity for yours to be "better" than mine

Comment

It already is - it's an Avant

Comment

I'm awaiting a set from them, so I can long term fix my issues. Decided to keep oem fuel rail and not use the aftermarket long term ( it was only a loaner ).

Comment

I'll be fitting those next week. Was a good find afterall.

Comment

Yeah it was - top job Vas and thanks for researching it

I'm good to go with EV14 fitment as soon as these arrive, and my exhaust is getting sorted this weekend, when's the next dyno day??

Comment

I'm dyno mapping the car sometime in September, but I think me Sept mrc are hosting another dyno day with the srs

Comment

It's good in that I already knew about FIS but I wasn't aware their product was superior to the 034 items but then I should have known that as it is a 034 product after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
                                It already is - it's an Avant

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                                I'm dyno mapping the car sometime in September, but I think me Sept mrc are hosting another dyno day with the srs
                                http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53362

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                                It's good in that I already knew about FIS but I wasn't aware their product was superior to the 034 items but then I should have known that as it is a 034 product after all.
                                Well, this'll be my third set of adapters...

Comment

Working...
                                X