Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock, stroker or ghetto capacity increase? ( supra 7m gte pistons bmw rods )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, i think its the first message from me, i was reading this forum for long time, a lot of good information stands. Ok im going straight to business.
    Im thinking to build stroker but wanted use 10v head because of space.
    Plan is use 2.5tdi block and crankshaft 95.5 mc1 pistons, and i need 147mm rods, so maybe you know from which car it may fit? biggest problem is the width of rod big end, audi have 24.9mm, bmw and mb 22mm.
    Or maybe you can offer other pistons witch hold 450ag and then i can take other rod length.
    now im running stock mc1 engine 310hp and 440nm, but i need more power on bottom. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGyuYR2rY7I

Comment

• Originally posted by tomas636 View Post
      Hello, i think its the first message from me, i was reading this forum for long time, a lot of good information stands. Ok im going straight to business.
      Im thinking to build stroker but wanted use 10v head because of space.
      Plan is use 2.5tdi block and crankshaft 95.5 mc1 pistons, and i need 147mm rods, so maybe you know from which car it may fit? biggest problem is the width of rod big end, audi have 24.9mm, bmw and mb 22mm.
      Or maybe you can offer other pistons witch hold 450ag and then i can take other rod length.
      now im running stock mc1 engine 310hp and 440nm, but i need more power on bottom. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGyuYR2rY7I
      MC1 rods are 136mm if i remember right? So t's way different thing like: 3B, AAN, 7A etc cause uses 144mm rods. (Those "Really Stroker engine" & "builded with money" engines rods are often like: 155mm -> 159mm )
      But when using this special ghetto setup pistons, like Supra 7MGTE, then its different thing...

Anyway: If you use like 155mm rods on long block, you can use stock 3B, ABY, AAN (200,S2,S4,S6)pistons. So rods are 11mm longer than stock short block rods.
      And if pistons has 136mm stock rods(like in this case), those 147mm rods are good to go, with those MC1 pistons.

I don't know/remember how much MC1 pistons are willing to take power...but maybe you know?
      and google will help ofcourse

Rods with 147mm length and "right big end width"... thats a good question still.
      Some EVO:s has 147mm rods available, but other diameters are wrong... Big end 48mm and width 26,2mm so "too much customising".

Interesting setup anyway!

Comment

• MC1 pistons holds enough, so i can stay on mc pistons its 22mm pin, so i canot use 3b aan .... connecting rods. But i am thinking go to e85 fuel world, so supra pistons will be grate i will have about 10,5 cr and this setup will kick from the bottom
        but still the biggest problem is conrod, also it can be wider its no problem.
        Evo parts are too expensive.

Comment

• Urgently need AAN exhaust valves.

Wrong post.
          Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 31 May 2016, 14:48. Reason: weird wrong post software glitch?
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Guys i have plan to build a stroker with AAT block, AAT crank 95,5mm, 7A head. What about pistons and rods? 144m FCP rods and Volvo/Audi pistons or BMW rods/Supra? pistons What about belt lenght, water pump (OEM?) , crank pulley (OEM ?) and oil pump (OEM ?) I want to build this, bcause its easy to find a AAT block, than a some I5 (AAN,3B) engine.

whats the short block and tall block? Some combination of AAT block + different crankshafts?
            Last edited by Tom_; 21 June 2017, 16:40.
            Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• Fcp can supply suitable rods and pistons. I have them in one of my strokers and am impressed.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Comment

• Any details of your project? Thank you Des

Comment

• http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77739

Comment

• From around post 73 on.

Comment

• Any problems with diesel block des?I look around your thread, btw perfect job...I see some fabrication on the block (welding some piece), next some problems with oil housing (**** inside) and low oil pressure, bore 82mm with FCP low CP pistons with X FCP rods...crankshaft balanced...accusump for better oil presure while u start or when can happend some oil pressure problems?

Comment

• TDI block didn't cause my oil issues. I also have another stroker TDI block in my urs4 without issues.

Comment

• You do need to weld up an oil way on the block and also fit a core plug to block another. Not too difficult. Just use a 20vt gasket to show you what's needed.

Comment

• i know that diesel block do not do that...but dirty thermostat?

Comment

• The thermostat was from a 20vt engine. I should of checked it closer.

Comment

• But it was a oil housing with thermostat? Its a life, sometimes **** happened, but to the future you will know.I checked it today aswell Crank bearings u used OEM? Oil pan from 20vt? what about oil pump, crank pulley?

Comment

Working...
                                X