Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock, stroker or ghetto capacity increase? ( supra 7m gte pistons bmw rods )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange thing to say... They ARE old. They are NOT as efficient as more modern engines.

This is how life works - evolution...

The same can be said for turbocharger technology too...

Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• Well, AAN block and crank handles 1000+ hp so that's a joke block? Non forged crank, ok, please don't share missinformation. Also some diesel blocks has the oil check valve.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• I think Ecklund Racing using this old engine and has around 1500hp on stock cast iron block. Now i think they will be using billet aluminium block
        Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• Eklund use a forged crank end reinforced block,but now the block is at two picesCrank also before blockNow the billet blok in progress So you are right the block can handle 1000 hp,but for short period of time,and on high rpm range where is not so dangerous for ckankcase! Which diesel bloks have this valve????I saw many of them,but no one have this valve in block!?Please lets be a honest,not to believe in rumorsAnd be a real for the lifeIm driving same car like you Thuppu, and i thing to put inside a VW R36 engine with twin turbo converson! My name is Atanas!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
            Well, AAN block and crank handles 1000+ hp so that's a joke block? Non forged crank, ok, please don't share missinformation. Also some diesel blocks has the oil check valve.
            I don't remember seeing one that doesn't have the check valve, AAT and AEL.
            sigpic
            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• YES, AndyP both blocks DO NOT have this valve.......,originaly valve is in cylinder head on diesel engines AAT and AEL

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP View Post
                YES, AndyP both blocks DO NOT have this valve.......,originaly valve is in cylinder head on diesel engines AAT and AEL
                Sorry but you are partly wrong. I remember there was a thead here that showed a check valve in the diesel head, but I think it was only in early models. Most diesel engines has the valve in the block. My AEL block did have a separate spring and a steel ball as a valve.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Ok never mind, Thuppu! My AAt block is from 1998 produced and dont have this valve,The 1996 AEL also dont have this valve,maybe the newest have..............,but till now i dont see it at all on diesel blocksIts on head, for sureness and the oil filter.

Comment

YES, AndyP both blocks DO NOT have this valve.......,originaly valve is in cylinder head on diesel engines AAT and AEL
                    I must have stripped 20+ TDi blocks now, AAT, AEL and Volvo, and they ALL have the valve in. It's different to the one in the petrol block, but it's definitely there.

The petrol valve is bottom left in this picture and screws into the main bearing housing, the TDi valve is behind the oil pressure switch and is held in with the long spring.

Parts (2).jpg
                    sigpic

Comment

• Andy P this valve i saw for the first time,olso the nut.This bloks which i saw dont have this valve at all,i think that the upper valve is from vovlo,correct?

Comment

• On audi engines this valve is in the cylinder head.

Comment

• Nope, in the block, behind the pressure sensor.
                          91 Modded 3B
                          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Andy P this valve i saw for the first time,olso the nut.This bloks which i saw dont have this valve at all,i think that the upper valve is from vovlo,correct?
                            They're all Audi parts, the Volvo D2525T is an AEL engine.
                            sigpic

Comment

• I have AAT engine block and there is valve too as Thuppu and AndyP said, behind oil pressure switch.
                              Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• So in the end, with how difficult it is to source 2.5 diesel blocks here in North America and even harder to source 92.8mm cranks, the effort required to assemble all that would be better suited towards retrofitting an 07k block in our old chassis.
                                Gives us a chance to retrofit many old items too, like deleting viscous clutch fans, covert to vaccum brakes and electric steering while swapping engines.

Just my opinion...
                                _RubĂ­_

Comment

Working...
                                X