Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock, stroker or ghetto capacity increase? ( supra 7m gte pistons bmw rods )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All parts are from 20vt other than TDI block and crank.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Comment

• Will i fit directly Bosch EV6 750cc injectors or 980cc to 3B fuel rail and 3B intake manifold? What about using a AAN pistons and little bit sliced to get lower CR and FCP 155mm rods ?
      Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

• Skimmed aan pistons in a stroker will give a very high compression or very weak piston if you took enough material off to get the correct compression.

You can fit whatever injector you want as long as it's the correct length and connector for the electrics. I use ev14 1200 cc in my urq and 630cc Siemens in the urs4.

Comment

• Its true, i want to save some money, because get AAN pistons will be more cheaper than a new FCP ones. But i guess you are right Whats the duty of your injectors? I wan to use EMU ecu, but i am dont know right now, whats the correct lenght and connector. Its possible to see some combos of injectors or its just try/fail procedure?Thanks anyway

Comment

• At 450bhp on my urs4 I'm at about 75% duty

Comment

• Those 1200cc ? So if i used a 980cc on the sam power range...it will be closing 90%

Comment

• No that was on the 630cc in the urs4 at 75% with 450 hp. The urq will make 650 bhp and the 1200 cc injector was for e85

Comment

• Any differences between AAT vs AEL ? Or just the same modifications on the blocks ? TY

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_ View Post
                    Any differences between AAT vs AEL ? Or just the same modifications on the blocks ? TY
                    No difference, you have to do same mods to both.
                    sigpic
                    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• And what about quality and strength of block? I can choose between AAT and AEL. Price is almost the same. Thanks Andy

Comment

• Block from AAT and AEL are more stronger than AAN "joke" block ! So the stroker is expensive way to give more power! Be very carefull when choosing the block,common problems are bended krank tunel,and slack main caps on N2 and N4,otherwise you will have a problem with oil pressure and bearings! Need more precised machine work on block and cylinder head. Both AAT and AEL DONT have e valve fited inside of the oil galery,this valve is importnat for life of the engine and hydros! Crankshaft is forged and more stronger than AAN,and it weight - 2,1 kg more.Same with block-10 kg more,as per my scale.After 1996 Audi use better spherografite graycast iron,more stiffer and stronger compare to other old blocks.If you can find TDI block after 1996 is better.Do not make a holle on the back side of the block for water passage,use the metal tap on head-better water cooling for cylinderhead aswell.As per my opinion is far better to use 2.7 biturbo engine instead the 2.5 stroker wit 236mm block!Less expensive way,and more power!

Comment

• ADP which valve you mean? That one where is oil pressure sensor? I like sound of 5 cylinder and its easier on MOT with 5cylinder stroker engine, then a 2.7 V6 engine

Comment

• This is non-return oil valve! very impothant valve,when you shut off engine hot!!!!!When you make a stroker,both AAT and AEL bloks dont have this valve!!!!!!!Be carefull.On diesel bloks this valve are in cylinder head.

Comment

• personaly i DONT like I5 engine,very old architecture ,not eficient ,and very worst cylinder head and combustion chamber!
                              VW R32 and New 7k I5 cylinder engines are different story!!!

Comment

• Yes, but if you put those engines in 89ยด year car, you will never pass a MOT and then you have big troubles with insurance,etc..

Comment

Working...
                                X