RR plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR plot

Here is the plot from the recent visit to the rolling road.

And here is the excuses!! The inlet temps went sky high, 60 deg above ambient on the first run - that gave 408bhp. The second run we had fans directed on the filter and water sprayed on the IC. The inlet temps still went higher than what we got on the road. The RR was in 4th. On the open road on a 5th gear low rpm to redline run the intake temps were 19 deg above ambient !!

Anyway - I am chuffed with the power and torque figures. and before Tom says anything - he never had the extra cooling or water on his runs. Although his first run of 280bhp was impressive
    Attached Files
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Looks like lots of power and lots of torque.... you must be well pleased?
    Can see max but not quite sure how to interpret the map. When does she really kick in and when does she run out of puff?
    But no doubt plans a foot to get more?
    So what mods you got planned next?
    Chris
    Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

How strange that the torque and boost curves are so similar in shape? Or maybe not.. Looks cool anyway, I'd like to know what mine is doing now.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Looking good doug, bet it feels good to break the 400 barrier

Greg
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
          Here is the plot from the recent visit to the rolling road.

And here is the excuses!! The inlet temps went sky high, 60 deg above ambient on the first run - that gave 408bhp. The second run we had fans directed on the filter and water sprayed on the IC. The inlet temps still went higher than what we got on the road. The RR was in 4th. On the open road on a 5th gear low rpm to redline run the intake temps were 19 deg above ambient !!

Anyway - I am chuffed with the power and torque figures. and before Tom says anything - he never had the extra cooling or water on his runs. Although his first run of 280bhp was impressive
          Hi Doug
          Star Performance wrote the chipset in my S2 and sent it out to Harding European in Brisbane last year. That's before I discovered 'the forum'
          Congratulations on the output. I'd be happy with anywhere near that
          PS. Have you listed your set-up / go faster components anywhere
          Oct 93 build MY 94 ABY Kingfisher Blue Audi S2 with MD147 turbo :mischeif:u SOLD
          Audi 90 Quattro 20V 1989 7A
          Audi TTRS 2010 APR stage 2 +
          Triumph 675 Street Triple R

Comment

@karl: Star Performance wish they had written S2 chipsets. What you have is probably done by one of their friends (I won't say any names), but Doug's sure wasn't done by them, we have only used their dyno to measure the power/torque.

Mihnea
            '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
            info@MRCTuning.com
            Workshop Directions

Comment

Originally posted by jogi730
              Looks like lots of power and lots of torque.... you must be well pleased?
              Very pleased - the last lot of mods has made the car very torquey - exactly not what it was like before.

Can see max but not quite sure how to interpret the map. When does she really kick in and when does she run out of puff?
              It really kicks at 3600 on the road. It sort of slows accelerating at 7k but is still pulling hard when the rev counter is off the scale.

But no doubt plans a foot to get more?
              So what mods you got planned next?
              I want to enjoy the car before I do much else. So next year we are going to change the EM from an RS2 to a Sport Quattro EM, get a K27 hotside, a 3.5" DP and side exit exhaust, 2" wastgate DP (well worth doing - these were cherry red on mine and Toms - shows how much air is flowing out of them) and that will be it close to 500bhp - along with a lightened 3B flywheel and a good clutch, that will be this project finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Mihnea
                @karl: Star Performance wish they had written S2 chipsets. What you have is probably done by one of their friends (I won't say any names)
                Probably AMD - When I asked a few years ago they sold chips from them.

Originally posted by Mihnea
                but Doug's sure wasn't done by them, we have only used their dyno to measure the power/torque.
                It was mapped by Mihnea - And a lot of the upgraded parts are from Mihnea, either free or cheap - so I have to say a big thanks to Mihnea

Comment

Originally posted by karlblues2
                  PS. Have you listed your set-up / go faster components anywhere
                  Go faster parts:

Arrow Rods
                  Custom JE Pistons
                  Twin Headgaskets 8.0:1 CR
                  Headwork
                  Standard Bosch Plugs
                  ARP Head Studs
                  ITG Filter 180x210
                  Descreened ABY MAF
                  3" Inlet pipework
                  Huge IC
                  AAN Inlet Manifold, modified so front entry
                  600cc injectors
                  Standard ABY FPR
                  Bosch Motorsport Fuel Pump
                  RS2 EM
                  K26/27 Hybrid Turbo
                  Seperate Wastgate Exhaust
                  3" Marco Downpipe
                  Front section of exhaust is 3" and goes down to 2.5"
                  No Cats
                  Custom Mapping from Mihnea
                  VMAP so boost is controlled above 2 Bar
                  Breather Catch Tank

I have probably forgotten some bits.

Comment

Doug,

I have some video to go with the curves of yours and Toms car - I can try to email them but they are around 60meg. Any suggestions?

Nick

Comment

Nice power and torque but why do you have this flat spot in between 4 and 5 K rpm
                      Is it comming from some knock correction due to the high temp on the RR?
                      RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                        So next year we are going to change the EM from an RS2 to a Sport Quattro EM
                        Doug,

wouldn't you prefer a tubular manifold like Tom's?. I am sure that his manifold flows better than my SQ EM.

Mark.
                        Mark - Modded

Comment

or is it the way yoyr boost map decrease?(by step)
                          RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Comment

If you are on msn and broadband I could get them off you - or Tom can get them off you?

Or you could put them on a CD and post them to me?

Did you get the cherry red EM?

Originally posted by nickhey
                            Doug,

I have some video to go with the curves of yours and Toms car - I can try to email them but they are around 60meg. Any suggestions?

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by maRS2
                              or is it the way yoyr boost map decrease?(by step)
                              Other cars definitely sufffered from heat soak and went into their knock maps. Maybe mine did and we drove through that. It is certainly a very smooth(not stepped) power delivery while driving.

Toms must have done something similar on his first run as he got 280bhp peak!

@Mark - don't knock your EM - the unequal length runners are for a reason - I think you will get better flow if you open the runners out to match your head ports though - there was a big step with your EM.

Comment

Working...
                              X