No announcement yet.

RR plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

440wHP on a FWD golf would simply mean that he couldn't get any traction in any gear. Thus, a 996TT could have a chance. If he had traction at these power levels (which is where I have doubts about the power figures), then he could easily out-accelerate any caron the planet, which I sorta doubt. 10 seconds 1/4 mile???? sub 10 seconds with this sort of power, if he had it???? top speed with that sort of power would be in the region of 350 km/h...

Mihnea,

I`ve post here what I saw at the dyno and I ride this car few times ... The Dyno said this power ... so is what I have to believe.
    The car has good traction 1st and second gear with 1.4 bar ... 383 whp over 3rd gear boost up to 1.8 440whp... With This kind of tires and this suspension ...
    The car could not get 350 km/h the trans is much shorter than that ...
    The car smoked a 900 RR with a bit of NOS. Rolling start at about 150KMH ... passed the 900 RR only in fifth gear ... about 260 kmh ...
    Id like to post the dyno plot how can I do :??
    S2 Limo sold !!!
    M5 E34 with some mods in the garage
    sorry, but much happeir now !

Comment

Originally posted by S2sedan
      I`ve post here what I saw at the dyno and I ride this car few times ... The Dyno said this power ... so is what I have to believe.
      The car has good traction 1st and second gear with 1.4 bar ... 383 whp over 3rd gear boost up to 1.8 440whp... With This kind of tires and this suspension ...
      The car could not get 350 km/h the trans is much shorter than that ...
      The car smoked a 900 RR with a bit of NOS. Rolling start at about 150KMH ... passed the 900 RR only in fifth gear ... about 260 kmh ...
      Id like to post the dyno plot how can I do :??
      A 900RR is almost maxed out at 260kph anyways!
      I'm not sure whether you mean the car or the bike was using NOS?
      Race a real bike!
      To post the plot, shrink it to an acceptable size then use the options at the bottom of the page to upload the file for inclusion in your post.
      00 Audi B5 S4 MRC550
      08 RRS TDV6 HSE
      03 Kawasaki B2 ZX12R 1287cc

Comment

@S2Sedan: you still don't get it. I'm not questioning the fact that that Golf has power, but the fact that the dyno figures you're quoting are off, possibly by as much as 30%.

Put a stock S2 on the same dyno that has measured the Golf's power, and then let us know. I'm really curious.

If you want to know how much power the Golf or any other car has, put it on a Bosch or MAHA dyno, and you'll know. If you use American/Australian dynos, you won't have a clue.

Mihnea
        '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
        info@MRCTuning.com
        Workshop Directions

Comment

Im impressed if it gets traction with that much power cos my MK1 Golf with 210bhp never got traction in the first 3 gears in the dry!! and they were 215 toyo's!!!

Double the power and it still gets traction *cough*bull*cough*
          Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
          2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

That Fensport Corolla looks mental. Very quick!
            1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
            Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

A really fast Golf I : http://smokeblunts.net/iso.wmv

Wheelspin in every gear.........

Comment

S2 Sedan two questions:

What size of tyres is the Golf running?
                A032 are made in narrow sizes only.

Did he mount a limited slip front diff?

If sizes are around 225 and no limited slip diff, there is no way he can get more than 300 horses at crank on the ground in 1st gear unless you put two tones of wheight hanging on the front bumper.

Front wheel drive cars are very good but is very difficult to balance straight acceleration and handling through turns. If the car has good handling you can not put that power on the ground.

If you put that power on the ground (low preassure on front wheels and really wide tyres up front) there is no way it can handle on the turns.

Just from rallye and touring cars. 300 HP on competition rubber is about max on a front wheel drive machine to work through a race track with high grip tarmac.

Just my opinion
                94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

I agree. There aren't many 2WD rally cars around with 300bhp or more. There's just no point because of traction issues. I have a friend who drives a 1600cc 206 with only around 210bhp, and he just breaks driveshafts at every other stage!
                  SS

Comment

100bhp per corner is the tried and trusted limit on most road cars...
                    Paul Nugent
                    Webmaster http://S2central.net
                    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
                      I agree with you.

Maybe with competition rubber limited slip diff and really good suspension setup you can get to 150bhp.
                      94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
                        So why do Mercedes (AMG), BMW, Porsche, Ferarri et al all offer loads more in their mainly rear wheel drive cars?
                        I'm not trying to start an arguement here. I just don't understand why they'd do it.
                        ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Rear wheel drive should allow for more traction due to the physics involved... as you nail it weight balance shifts from front to rear giving for more traction at the back, coupled with electronic toys to help put the power down it all helps.... plus the power on them cars is generally higher up when the car is moving so traction shouldnt be an issue
                          Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                          2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

1- I'm not sure whether you mean the car or the bike was using NOS?
                            The Bike...

I know this bike is not fast as yours, I got what is a fast bike, I used to ride a GSX 1000 R. With dynojet, titanijum akrapovick manifold and ex. ceramic clutch, cdi controler. Ohlins shock absorber 149.5 whp (at the same kind of dyno) dynojet...

2 - mihnea, I`d like to have one o this here in brazil, but we don`t ... we still don´t have a awd dyno .... crap..

3- Im impressed if it gets traction with that much power cos my MK1 Golf with 210bhp never got traction in the first 3 gears in the dry!! and they were 215 toyo's!!!

Mine daily drive get`s .... it has 1.5 bar down to 1.2 at redline running on ethanol. All stock ... It only lost traction in first gear ... with 15'' wheels.

S2 Sedan two questions:

What size of tyres is the Golf running?
                            225/45/17 yoko A032 soft compound

A032 are made in narrow sizes only.

Did he mount a limited slip front diff?
                            Yes. Don´t know the %

If sizes are around 225 and no limited slip diff, there is no way he can get more than 300 horses at crank on the ground in 1st gear unless you put two tones of wheight hanging on the front bumper.

In first gear you can`t just step down ... you have to manage the throttle. in 2nd you can, 3rd boost up and you still can do it.

Front wheel drive cars are very good but is very difficult to balance straight acceleration and handling through turns. If the car has good handling you can not put that power on the ground.
                            I

If you put that power on the ground (low preassure on front wheels and really wide tyres up front) there is no way it can handle on the turns.

Just from rallye and touring cars. 300 HP on competition rubber is about max on a front wheel drive machine to work through a race track with high grip tarmac.
                            the car is not a race car ... not drag and not circuit car.
                            We went to Interlagos race track and he uses the 1.4 bar set up ... much easier and faster to use than the 1.8 bar set up.
                            S2 Limo sold !!!
                            M5 E34 with some mods in the garage
                            sorry, but much happeir now !

Comment

Working...
                            X