No announcement yet.

Broken spark plug F5DPOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NGK BKR7EIX seems to be the way to go from reading the info on here.

Just buying some myself after seeing this - they're £6.99 each from camskill + P&P. Seems decent enough to me.

ETA £6.85 from amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/NGK-BKR7EIX-.../dp/B000GZAUX6

Ordered 12.. i'll probably break a few trying to gap them
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230655996789 Don't know if shipping is cheaper or not..? They have been pregapped and has been working fine, at least with E85. So no need to gap them.
      Last edited by Thuppu; 29 April 2014, 10:17.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

I'd probably go with the Amazon ones - that eBay seller has received negative feedback 57 times in the last month!

So if I buy the Amazon plugs for the S6, there's no need to make any adjustment, just fit them?

Cheers,
        Tom

Comment

I bought one of these as well, £2.16... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-2.../dp/B00865SXQ4
          S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

I'm one of the witness.i have had 7 f5dpor broken from 4-5sets of them.
            the shortest life one was last 15days after the date of purchase from stealer.
            bosch is having problem with their QC.the proof of this is i pulled out the
            F5DPORs from one AAN engine and it had stock F5DPORs back from
            1994.those 5 plugs didn't have such problems.

Last edited by popdemonic; 29 April 2014, 19:17.
            one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

I've just bought a set of 5. Fed up of reading what could happen and would be sooo annoyed if the Bosch plugs let me down. For the sake of 30 odd quid, it aint worth the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Cottis View Post
                I've just bought a set of 5. Fed up of reading what could happen and would be sooo annoyed if the Bosch plugs let me down. For the sake of 30 odd quid, it aint worth the risk.

Comment

Play with the feeler gauge sir and this will transform in NGK broken plug

Comment

The 2667's are gapped to 6mm already and can be installed straight from the packet? Or do I need to "do" something with them first? From what I can tell, I can just chuck them straight in (not literally of course)

Comment

Originally posted by Cottis View Post
                      The 2667's are gapped to 6mm already and can be installed straight from the packet?
                      You might want to regap from 6 mm to 0.6 mm for starters.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                        You might want to regap from 6 mm to 0.6 mm for starters.

Haha, would you believe my zero's and decimal points have vanished from my keyboard?

Comment

I didn't gap mine as they were fine already. They haven't missed a beat since fitting them.
                          91 Modded 3B
                          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Thanks Steve

Comment

Anyone know if there any difference between the 'Bosch' branded ones and the same plugs that have 'VAG' branding that are available from dealers/TPS?
                              Racing's important to men who do it well. When your racing its life. Anything that comes before or after is just waiting.

Comment

@Cottis:What power level are you running?
                                Last edited by pasbogdan; 1 May 2014, 23:24.

Comment

Working...
                                X