No announcement yet.

Broken spark plug F5DPOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have used f5dpor on all my projects including 465 whp Cordoba ( 2.0 16vt - 1.8 bar hold on gtx 3076 @ 7750 rpm) and never had a misfire or failure . Never gapped them too. On my S6 I change them at 30 000 km, but daily driven km.

Comment

Isent that the oe rs2 plugs ? Isent that the once that tends to break ?

I use bkr7e at 0.6 gap. Never had anything with them

Comment

Originally posted by s2dk
        Isent that the oe rs2 plugs ? Isent that the once that tends to break ?

I use bkr7e at 0.6 gap. Never had anything with them
        This is what happens due to the rumour mill. It happened a couple of times many years ago, fake plugs are known to exist in all makes, so if you make sure they are original there should be no problem

Comment

My S2 has run the F5DPOR for over 293,000 miles without an issue. Im happy with them, they can last up to 40K but i normally change them every 20K or once a year.

Comment

its not something that have happent long time ago it still happens even with items bought from vag dealers. i have seen it a lot on the audisrs forum. i would never run that plug ever. the bkr7e performs just as good and for way less. just my 2 cents

Comment

The copper ngk give you no trouble with misfiring?

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                My Bosch fr5dtc trielectrode would only last 2000 to 2500kms before starting to have misfires again, so I switched back to platinum and will still be replacing them at 5 to 7k kms
                same thing happened to me a couple years back.the FR5DTC only a few thousand miles and car started misfiring.i bought a box of FR5DTCs 10-12plugs.it was so funny changing the spark plugs every couple months.
                one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

no misfire at all. running stock CR on vpower 2.3 bars boost. im running tfsi coils. timing is by memery between 13-15 but not sure at all. im running 5000-10000 km on them change once a year like the oil. or every time the car is in for remapping with new parts. atm running 530-540 hp,

Comment

Working...
                  X