No announcement yet.

possible ally rad group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be happy with the 50 mm core, my cooling system keeps up fine at the moment with just the one (leaky) OE rad so a 25% increase in efficiency will do me, it's quite easy to over cool an engine and there's nothing to be gained from it.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by rxl View Post
      we could spit the shipment to the mainland
      I think we could arrange something.

Comment

I'm interested in a 60mm core please

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
          I'd be happy with the 50 mm core, my cooling system keeps up fine at the moment with just the one (leaky) OE rad so a 25% increase in efficiency will do me, it's quite easy to over cool an engine and there's nothing to be gained from it.
          I'd want direct OE replacment with provision for AC condensor
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

As there seems to be quite a lot of interest in these I'm sure he'd be able to get a discount on the cores so would probably work out cheaper. I'll take a size and weight measurement of mine when I'm up the unit tomorrow so I could roughly calculate postage to the UK and Europe.

Comment

I am interested in fat version to

Danny
              DNA Autocare Ltd
              Danny
              www.dnaautocare.co.uk

Comment

Any update on this? I'm going into my engine bay for some major surgery soon (tossing rack is leaking) and want a new rad to fit when I put it back together.
                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

I'd be interested in this as well. Just the 50mm version for me.
                  1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

If no responce on these i canalso supply with 50mm 70mm and 86mm core

Comment

I tracked down the maker of the radiator in this proposed group buy and had it delivered this week.

It's a twin 26mm core, so a bit deeper than stock and should give a nice increase in efficiency over stock to make up for the removal of the aux rad.

Collin of Creative Aluminium Fabrications is the guy, facebook page here:
                      https://www.facebook.com/captaincoll/

The price was good and the workmanship and quality looks good to me. Will be fitting it next week most likely so will see how it fits then.

Comment

Nice one

Comment

fitment

keen to see how this fits and preforms and if all is well i will be ordering one up, keep us posted

Comment

Got this fitted over the weekend. Fitting was fairly easy, a bit tight on the outside edge so used a slightly thicker bobbin. The ac compressor will fit, I've left it off for now though. I think with the stock fan it would have been very tight, I had already decided to fit an aftermarket fan anyway so this wasn't a problem.

The fan is a Revotec/Commex 12" slimline fan, which has cooled well under testing. http://www.revotec.com/acatalog/Slim...omex-Fans.html
                            Hindsight: DON'T USE THIS FAN IT IS NOT UP TO THE JOB!!

A few photos:

Last edited by Colesy; 6 May 2016, 12:43.

Comment

Looks good. Is that can able to cool ok as the stock unit draws much more electrical power?

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                                Looks good. Is that can able to cool ok as the stock unit draws much more electrical power?

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk
                                I think the CFM is the important bit, this pulls 1860 CFM which is more than the stock fan.

Has been done before by at least one other member:
                                http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ight=pacet+fan

Comment

Working...
                                X