No announcement yet.

possible ally rad group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did you get the flow rate of the stock fan from? While its not completely accurate its a fair indication that if something uses twice the power electrically it will do a fair amount more flow rate.

There was talk of the sport Quattro fan being 500 watt. That's a lot of power vs these.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Colesy View Post
      I tracked down the maker of the radiator in this proposed group buy and had it delivered this week.

Collin of Creative Aluminium Fabrications is the guy, facebook page here:
      https://www.facebook.com/captaincoll/

The price was good and the workmanship and quality looks good to me. Will be fitting it next week most likely so will see how it fits then.
      I had one made by the same chap two years ago with a 50mm core and no provision for an auxiliary radiator, it's kept my RS2+ 3B happy even on the hottest days, both in town, blasting along on the motorway and everything in between. It's very rare I have the fan kick in and the temperature remains stable around two notch's down (on the gauge) from 90C.

I'm really happy with the workmanship and fit, he made mine using Tom's old rad as a patten and the price was very fair.

Here's mine...

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=349
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
        Where did you get the flow rate of the stock fan from? While its not completely accurate its a fair indication that if something uses twice the power electrically it will do a fair amount more flow rate.

There was talk of the sport Quattro fan being 500 watt. That's a lot of power vs these.

Well, looks like you know better than the sources I found before! With the slim fan fitted it was really struggling to cool in the hot weather. So refitted the oem fan yesterday and all is well!

Comment

Sorry to hear that. The slim fans are much more attrative in terms of packaging.

Comment

Originally posted by Colesy View Post
            Well, looks like you know better than the sources I found before! With the slim fan fitted it was really struggling to cool in the hot weather. So refitted the oem fan yesterday and all is well!
            I think the better comparison would have been the thinner fan with similar to stock shrouding, to the stock fan and stock shrouding
            Peter S

1990 ErsatzS2 - track toy
            1991 Coupe Quattro
            1991 Coupe Quattro
            1995 S6 Sedan
            1995 S6 Wagon

Comment

Working...
            X