Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is also a Ridex oil pressure sender unit on Autodoc for under Euro50. Part number 805O0008, worth investigating.

Comment

Originally posted by johne View Post
      This thread gives an alternative solution of fitting a "T". With that in place you can fit an individual oil pressure switch with an individual oil pressure sensor.

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...ght#post927753

Not exactly but I did get round the problem by replacing the combined oil pressure sender and low pressure switch unit with a "t" piece into the block and then fitting a seperate oil pressure sender - that came with a Glowshift 270 degree oil pressure gauge and a seperate low pressure switch. Mine came from a mini but a standard VAG switch from a Polo or Golf would do.

John

So you plug the lower oil hole for the single oil sensor with one wire.
      And then you use a "T" on the upper hole so the big sensor and the singel sensor is connected to ? What does it make for difference ?

Comment

No, that's not what I did. The single sensor in the lower hole remains unchanged. The "T" piece fitted to the upper hole allows you to fit two units, one is just another N/C oil pressure sensor switch set to 0.3 bar with the blue/black wire and the other is a 0 to 5 bar oil pressure sensor to drive the oil pressure gauge with the black/white wire.

Think of it as splitting the OEM oil pressure sender into it's two components (a switch and a sender) and just using separate elements for switch and sensor. No wiring changes are needed.

Comment

Aha .. in the upper hole .. a t cross wirh 2 single sensors .. one in each hole on cross ... now i have to find rigt 2 connectors to the tvross. Can i use the big sensor switch but only connect to one off the pins ?

Comment

Yes, you can.

Comment

So i need a 0-5 bar sensor , . can you recommend one ?

Comment

No, I can't recommend one but I'd do some internet research and given that our gauges are VDO iirc, I'd look seriously at this one:

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/vdo-...gauges-250060/

The other option is choose a sender from a contemporary Audi of the period, ignore wether it's got a pressure switch inside or it's the right one like the Ridex one I listed above and use it for it's sensor and wire a separate switch. The switch part is less then 5 Euro. That's what I'd do.

Comment

ok , but on the reviews , there is a person that says that it comes with two spade connections. So in the t cross , i have to put the ordinary pressure sender and this one. So in theory .. i nee d 2 oil pressure senders in the t cross and i am only using 1 spade per sender unit. Correct ?

I will post some picture on parts and drawing , i dont understand all the terms being used. Like use it for it sensor and wire a separate switch . Is that a manual switch that goes on and off ,, i will post a drawing

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/s...nd-accessories
                  They have sensors with 1 spade ony .. is that right way to go ?

This video shows good
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnaf...annel=MakCyber
                  Last edited by S2_avant 19930325; 12 June 2023, 18:08.

Comment

Originally posted by johne View Post
                    No, that's not what I did. The single sensor in the lower hole remains unchanged. The "T" piece fitted to the upper hole allows you to fit two units, one is just another N/C oil pressure sensor switch set to 0.3 bar with the blue/black wire and the other is a 0 to 5 bar oil pressure sensor to drive the oil pressure gauge with the black/white wire.

Think of it as splitting the OEM oil pressure sender into it's two components (a switch and a sender) and just using separate elements for switch and sensor. No wiring changes are needed.
                    Aha .. ok ,, the sensor that is from 0-5 bar i already have thats mo0unted now. So i need a N/C oil pressure sensor switch set to 0.3 bar.

#
                    The FIX is to swap the switch wiring around on the ABY and fit an alternative to the 1-pin switch in the F1 position as
                    028 919 081 D (or H) - these are 0.3bar n/c switches what get wired to the blue/black wire so that Autocheck behaves correctly.
                    #

028919081D works from 0.15bar to 0.35bar.
                    028919081H seems the same.
                    Last edited by S2_avant 19930325; 20 June 2023, 18:38.

Comment

So on the big bulky one ,,, I connected to G ,, the black/white G10 wire...... WK empty
                      On the single connector i connected the blue/black wire , the one that should be on the WK connector.
                      The light is still warning. This is in the upper oilhole in the engine block.

The engine has ARP studs
                      . Is that a isssue ??
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 2 photos.
                      Last edited by S2_avant 19930325; 29 June 2023, 18:59.

Comment

From memory, there is a possible issue with ARP main cap studs where one of the studs is too long and screws down onto the oil pressure relief valve stopping it from working correctly.

If your oil pressure is reading low on the gauge, and you believe the gauge is reading correctly, then you need to investigate.

I'm sure there are threads about this issue on here but it's a few years ago, IIRC Doug may have had this happen on his car.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...main-cap-studs

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Tapatalk link

Potential Issue with ARP Crank Main Cap Studs
                            https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                              Tapatalk link

Potential Issue with ARP Crank Main Cap Studs
                              https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
                              As i understand its problem with the lower oil hole, i have no issue there. Normal pressure there. I have the some at the lower oil hole , a split , will transfer my oilsensor that goes to maxxecu from lower hole to upper hole to see what the pressure is , just to check.

Comment

i used 2 different presure sensors on max ecu and diched the 0.3 switch

Comment

Working...
                                X