No announcement yet.

500hp turbos- part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people need to try different things. I find it to be the only way to build something awesome and different. Also you learn a lot. It might not always be the right aproach, but I see too many with no ideas or no possibilities to make different, and they follow the road most others do. And the most common road is usually not anything to write home about.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone can tell me the WHP of Holset HX35,35S,40 and also spool time
      On stock 2.2L? I found there's plenty of 35,40 from the Volvo trucks for sales
      Locally.Will that be possible to get those on our cars?Some is really dirt cheap but
      Sellers mostly know nothing about those turbos.My goal aimed 400WHP on E85.
      Possible?Just want to beat V10 507HP Bimmer.
      one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

The truck turbo's should work ok if you get a suitable turbine housing for them. The truck turbine housing will be way too big.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

You know the Asian Holsets are sometimes a bit different. hx35 has t3 divided flange, and hx40 has t4 divided flange or t3 divided. Both can do it. Can you get a manifold to match? inside the housing is a stamp for the size. If I remember right they made hx35, with 10cm housing in Asia. I would be so interested. the most typical hx35 7 blades - can flow somewhere around 60 lb/min. Anyway read the link, maybe you get a better understanding whats available http://www.d-series.org/forums/force...-h1e-wh1e.html

Comment

Funny thing with US is that they have WHP at same level as we have crank HP.

BTW, best housing for HX35S is #8.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
            Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
            BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
            BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Thuppu you have seen many hx35 super builds. Have you ever measured how high is the backpressure?

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
              Funny thing with US is that they have WHP at same level as we have crank HP.

BTW, best housing for HX35S is #8.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman1111 View Post
                Thuppu you have seen many hx35 super builds. Have you ever measured how high is the backpressure?
                No I havn't. In fact I haven't seen so many hx35 builds closely, few on our finnish forum, and a couple in real life. My friend had a S2 build with a custom HX35 with 60mm turbine and #8 housing. He made 567hp/700Nm with only 1,75bar boost. No idea of backpressure, but I don't think is was so bad.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Where did he get the housing, I might be interested of t3.

Comment

It is the default housing on a HX35S (54/55mm) when buying it from Finland.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• But does anyone sell it for 60mm?

Comment

• It's for 55mm turbine, so it would need to be machined to fit 60mm wheel. My friends turbo was made by ProTurbo: http://www.proturbo.fi/index_en.htm

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Bough a turbo. Looks like grandfather of hx35 super. I know it is bought from FIN. Hotside is similar to super 54.7 x 64, housing 8 cm. Coldside is 8 blade 51.75 x 82. Needs rebuild.

Is it something they used to sell in Finland. Or someone has made their own Super?
                          Last edited by sandman1111; 23 September 2016, 11:08.

Comment

• What about this turbos ? this are new garettes ?

http://www.turbosbytm.com/gtx2860r-g...086-t255-bolts

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                              Got better specs and pics of the turbo. It has 54/76mm compressor and 74/62mm turbine with .48 a/r housing. Could be quite early spooling..? New modified turbo with watercooling.
                              Soo, this turbo has been maxed out on dyno. It never did 500hp. Max what we got out was 496hp and that was on knock limit. Rising boost turned power down, added timing started to knock. The small turbine housing was limiting the flow. Would be nice to compare what would be the result with an a/r .63 housing. Now safe result was 488hp/621Nm.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Looks pretty bad to me in this day and age. 488hp with max torque at 4500 rpm.
                                With a decent modern turbo you can have over 600hp with that type of spool.
                                http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Working...
                                X