door seal wanted // end of production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door seal wanted // end of production

The attached door seals are unfortunately no longer available here in germany.

Does anybody know where to buy these items (maybe in other countries still available)? - I think a lot of coupe owners know these problem - maybe anybody knows where to get a remake of these seals?

thanks a lot for your response
    Attached Files
    Yes all 4 required
    76.67%
    only need front seals
    16.67%
    only need rear seals
    6.67%

The poll is expired.

yep, still the task of finding some in as new condition to make a copy from though
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

You can get them from here

Comment

what the hell is the point in having a stove piped approach to stock
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Stove piped approach? Is that "marketing speak" for a single source of supply?
          Last edited by Nuvo; 4 May 2010, 13:21.

Comment

It' important in this case to think with an open mind....
            You're right no longer available for the Coupe confirmed by my man at the Audi desk..
            But still available with different part code for the Cabriolet....
            Same door with exactly the same seals but sold until 2000.....
            It happened to me with light holder for my RS2....
            No longer available for the RS2..... but still available for the normal and plain 80Avant (sold till 2000) with different code number, no need to say that the part was exactly the same.
            In this case you need a expert and nice ETKA man behind the Audi parts desk.... Lucky enough I do have a top man .
            They cost less then 10.00 euros including VAT in Italy and they can be ordered
            You have part codes for the Cabriolet here:

Stefano

P.S.
            I don't remember well but there's the same problem with the rear bumper holders/brackets on the sides (wings?) of the S2 Coupe?
            Same thing those holders are the same for the Cabbie and..... still available with different codes for pennies (why do they change those numbers?) and the parts are the same.
            http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

after one myself for the passanger side not had one for about 2 years will try the cab approach at the stealers
              ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
              THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Great bit of information, thank you for sharing Stefano.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
                  Great bit of information, thank you for sharing Stefano.
                  Well nice to be of little help after all the solutions/advise/hints I got from here.....

Stefano

Comment

You know Stefano you are on to something here....

Are the window switches and other trim pieces adaptable to the S2 Coupe?

Comment

Originally posted by panzerwagen View Post
                      Are the window switches and other trim pieces adaptable to the S2 Coupe?
                      AFAIK....(I had a S2 Coupe and I have the cabbie now)
                      The doors seals,switches,electric windows (I'm quite sure not the glass thoug) and many parts are exactly the same.
                      Window switches I can tell 100% they're the same. (no large "kids locking" button for rear windows)
                      But you must pay attention at the change that the Cabriolet had in the dashboard from "No passenger airbag" to "with passenger airbag" in this case we're talking about the last version of the Cabrio so door cards are different you can see the part N° 3A on the picture that it's the last version (same shape as per RS2)
                      I don't know if the early Cabriolet have the same NLA problem on this parts but I assume it's the same as the Coupe.
                      Still a lot of bits n pieces can be sourced from the latter (is it the correct word?) Cabriolet.
                      i.e another thing that it's still available brand new for the Cabbie are the foam for the seats (53 euros each) and the front seats are the same of the S2.

Stefano
                      Last edited by veneto rs2; 4 May 2010, 15:21.

Comment

Ciao Stefano, what is the part number for those?

Saro' in Italia tra una settimana, li vorrei prendere visto che ci saro', Grazie mille!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffiano View Post
                          Ciao Stefano, what is the part number for those?

Saro' in Italia tra una settimana, li vorrei prendere visto che ci saro', Grazie mille!
                          Attention....

This parts are not on stock in Italy and I have no idea if they're on stock in Germany.
                          The only thing that I'm sure it's that it's possible to place an order for them.
                          Means that on ETKA at the dealer in Italy there's no message appearing of "cessata fornitura senza sostituzione" in english No longer available without substitution"
                          The declaration from the desk that we all hate....
                          I think that with the part number they can be ordered from anywhere in the world, providing you have patience... for the rear bumpers holders I waited more then 30 days but I got them eventually.

The part numbers for the seals are:

"895 867 691" left front
                          "895 867 692" right front
                          "8G0 867 693 A" left rear
                          "8G0 867 694 A" right front

My advise... because the parts are pretty cheap to buy (10 euros more or less) try to get a couple of each one if you are intended to keep the car....

Stefano

Comment

Originally posted by veneto rs2 View Post
                            Attention....

This parts are not on stock in Italy and I have no idea if they're on stock in Germany.
                            The only thing that I'm sure it's that it's possible to place an order for them.
                            Means that on ETKA at the dealer in Italy there's no message appearing of "cessata fornitura senza sostituzione" in english No longer available without substitution"
                            The declaration from the desk that we all hate....
                            I think that with the part number they can be ordered from anywhere in the world, providing you have patience... for the rear bumpers holders I waited more then 30 days but I got them eventually.

The part numbers for the seals are:

"895 867 691" left front
                            "895 867 692" right front
                            "8G0 867 693 A" left rear
                            "8G0 867 694 A" right front

My advise... because the parts are pretty cheap to buy (10 euros more or less) try to get a couple of each one if you are intended to keep the car....

Stefano

I'll order them the first week I'm there, and if they don't show up within the next 3 weeks, I'll have my inlaws pick them up and ship them back to me. Thanks for the part numbers!

Comment

I just bought these coupe door card rear corner bits from audi tradition. Accompanied by a full set of original rs2 grille clips

International customers just have to use the contact form on the tradition pages. Web shop is for german customers only.
                              -

Comment

Working...
                              X