No announcement yet.

door seal wanted // end of production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reality of NLA is beginning to kick in..tons of stuff i have requested from a friendly bod at my local garage is discontinued with no supercession. I'll get round to listing stuff soon but its been quite alarming how much stuff is difficult to get hold of this time out compared to 2 years back when i took the car off the road
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Expensive Rubber Parts

I'll dig out the cost breakdown later. I think the cost of shipping was about 25% of the total which is just way too much. It seems ludicrous to use DHL or similar when VAG already has a massive distribution setup worldwide. If anybody wants to make a mould give me a shout. I dropped them an email there looking for a discount and less expensive shipping if 10-20 sets were ordered.
      Shane
      Shane

Comment

Good man Shane... There must be a plastic / moulding guru on here who can advise what is possible with these.
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

I can't believe it will be cost effective to remould. A GB seems to be the way to go for me...

Good work Shane, if you want to run a GB please do!

Cheers,

Steve.
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

We'll see what the Audi Tradition people say. If there's a saving I'll let people know and see where it goes. It'd be a pretty complex set of moulds but maybe somebody that's in that business would be interested. I must also take a look and see if there are any markings indicating that audi are getting these made by a 3rd party, No doubt they are.
            Shane

Comment

I'd be interested in a set of these if a group buy comes about. I haven't had a good look but my guess is that the gale I get through the drivers door has something to do with them...

Cheers

Comment

Count me in for a set of these too!!!

Comment

ditto
                  ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                  THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Door seals

Me too please.
                    Thanks
                    Nigelm

Comment

My little penny on this.....

If (and I underline) IF that rubber parts are still available from the normal ETKA/dealer when ordered for a 2000 Cabriolet typ89 (and as far as I know they're available.....)
                      Why going trough Audi Tradition and spend that amount of euros/pounds instead of a couple of tenners in euros?
                      If Audi Tradition has the parts it means Audi has them....... so by law (in italy at least) Audi it's obliged to supply the parts for ten years after they ceased the production hence I will place my order for a Cabriolet and therotically I should have the same parts for the dealer retail price...... my two pences....
                      I'm I right or I'm I missing something?

Stefano
                      http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

definately in the UK they are nla...
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                          definately in the UK they are nla...
                          The ETKA in Italy lists them as "can be ordered".....
                          Well then I will just place an order for a set here in Italy then..... and see what happens.
                          If I get my hands on them.....They'll be of good use for my Cabriolet anyway....
                          Will let you know how it ends up.

Stefano
                          http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

Originally posted by veneto rs2 View Post
                            The ETKA in Italy lists them as "can be ordered".....
                            Well then I will just place an order for a set here in Italy then..... and see what happens.
                            If I get my hands on them.....They'll be of good use for my Cabriolet anyway....
                            Will let you know how it ends up.

Stefano
                            Hello Stefano,

The fronts and rears for the coupe are NLA here in Ireland. From the earlier posts the front seals are the same on the coupe and the cabriolet. The rear seals don't have the same numbers.

IFF you can get your hands on some it'd be great to see some photos for comparisson. In an ideal world the rears would be available for the cabriolet and they'd be so similar to the coupe one that they'd do the job.

Shane
                            Shane

Comment

Guys, I've been trying to get around these Audi Heritage lads for a few days now.
                              I asked for a discount on the parts for a coupe listed above based on a decent quantity order. Answer NO WAY.

I also asked for a lower shipping price because they send these out in a big box rather than say a Jiffey bag. Answer NO WAY.

I'm going to find out what the cost of shipping for 10 sets would be and see if I can get the cost of these items down a little bit.

Shane
                              Shane

Comment

Good man Shane - it is tough negotiating with Germans. BTDT.

Alessio - It would be great if you can order up some seals in Italy - we might even get lucky and discover the cabrio part is superior.
                                Paul Nugent
                                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                                X