No announcement yet.

Heater matrix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, dash out and definitely read any guide(s) he can before he attempts it.

The built the B4 car around the matrix.

GLWTM (atrix).

Comment

Well I may need to start my own thread but I'll ask about it here anyway. I hadn't used the car for 4 weeks or so, took it out for a spin and ended up having a bit of a play against a 911 for about 10 minutes. The car got hotter than it has before, the needle just rose above 90 on the water, but not above 60 on the oil. When i got in it this morning there were 2 tiny drips on the passenger mat under the foot well vent, and a tiny bit of coolant around that vent opening. Cleaned it off and drove it around for about an hour today monitoring it, and there was no coolant to be seen anywhere. The vent was dry as a bone. It can only have come from the heater matrix, but I can't replicate it! Don't want to take the dash out and change it prematurely. I guess I'll use it for work this week and see if anything comes of it.

Comment

If it really has gone then you will get steam out of the windscreen vents and the screen will mist up and be difficult to wipe clean as the coolant leaves a greasy residue.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah I've had one go in my old mk2 and an a4 i had too, both of those were pretty damn obvious as it was just steaming up like mad and stank. This doesn't smell of coolant when i put the blowers on and isn't steaming up. Not sure why there was a leak onto the mat through the vent though... I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Comment

I would say it was the extra exertion of the 911 10 minute play that temporarily found a minute week spot and now the engine has settled back has reverted back to being fine for now. These exertions as i have found years ago have a tendency to find any weak spot in an otherwise mint looking but old car.
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Working...
            X