Audi 80 b4 bordcomputer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B4 bc

Thank you very much again. You are my salvation! I' ve looking three weeks for that.
    I want also to ask you if you have photos during the side skirt installation?

Comment

Audi B4 ATA

Dear Skull,

I would like to ask you this: I connected the white/blue wire for the external temperature and it works fine. The only think I observe , after driving some, is that when I turn off the ignition and then turn it on again the gauge's indication goes straight to 55 degrees. Then it drops gradually until 46 and that's it. The right indication returns only if I stop the car for a half an hour or so. It is like erasing the car's memory when I turn off the engine. Do you know if this is a problem?

Also, Iam looking for Competition bumpers (front, rear). Do you know if the internal supports of the bumpers and the internal front plastic coating (behind the front wings)are the same as mine?

Comment

Maybe it is the position of the sensor that is not ok. Where did you put it?

The internal supports of the front bumpers are not the same as yours, but the plastic behind the wheels is the same.
        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

B4 Ata

I put it exactly behind the left bumper grill. I bought the original support and I screw it in the chassis in the left side behind the left bumper grill. Audi greece cannot tell me where Audi put this, as Audis with such an equipment have never been imported in Greece. So I have to guess and I put it there. I don't know if the hot air from the air ventilation passes to that way. But It is not rational, as the sensor looks straight to the fresh air. Any ideas?

Comment

Yes it is the right place. Try to change the sensor, maybe it is faulty.
            Audi Quattro WR

Comment

B4 bumper

Also, I would like to ask you if the front chassis of competition is the same with mine, as far as the installing of the front bumper is concerned. I mean the front part where the car's cooling system is situated. I believe that finding the plastic internal supports is ok. But, a different front chassis would be a problem.

Comment

Competition bumper

I forgot to ask you, if the rear bumper's supports (on the chassis) are the same as mine or different like the front's?

Comment

Everything is the same, you only need new brackets (holders). The coupe has the same brackets as the s2.

on the rear is also everything the same, you only need side brackets (the the rear wheels) for the s2 bumper.

here in the pic you have 2 s2 rear bumper brackets, and one audi 80 bracket, so you see the difference:

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

b4 bumper

Thank you very much. You' ve been very helpful. Iam very lucky Iam chating with you. So, the front bumper holders are different too. One more question about the instrument cluster. Do you think that I can use the ACE cluster (260km) without having problem with the car's pace? I ask this because the ACE motor is 4 cylinder too. Will it work such a cluster at my car or I need a new sensor for the speedometer?

Comment

It will work with no problems, just the V6 are useless on 4/5 cilinders cars.
                      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

ACE instrument cluster

Thank you very much for your help i asked this question as I bought a 220 cluster with white faces from ebay last June and when it came I discovered that it was coming from a B3, so the speedometer doesn't work properly. Iam noticing differences like: In 5000rpm with 5speed I had 160km before the change. Now I see 155km. And as I approach in the maximum speed I have a loss of around 10km!! Is it rational?
                        Where can I find an ACE cluster as I don't trust the ebay? Do you believe that the ACE cluster will work fine as far as the speedometer is concerned?

Comment

B3 has smaller diameter of the wheels, that is why it was not showing the right values. Maybe i have one at home, i will take a look. I also have a competition rear spoiler and competition wheels for sale
                          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Competition stuff

Thank you very much!! I will be waiting for your news. I have already a type M3lipspoiler on the trunk which is very discrete. But I will have your spoiler in mind as I want to finish with the bumpers first. I have also put 16x7,5'' ABT alloys and the car looks very bad. I hope if you find the cluster it will work on my car as the tacho is longer (260)

Comment

hey spyro,now there is a chance to make your car a quattro as well,as it seems that it can be done!! maybe you should look for that stuff as well!! hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Skull23 View Post

this is the consumption signal wire, some cars have it just yellow, some yellow/green. to get the BC working, you only need to connect this wire. All the other signals come from the speedo cluster. just find the black connector under the steering wheel and you will see it.
                                Skull? where does this yellow or yellow/green wire come from in the loom?? ECU?

I'm putting a minicheck/BC in the TDi, but I have no yellow or yellow/green wire coming into that plug.

Thanks for any help.
                                2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                                2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                                1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Working...
                                X