• Show
Clear All

Part numbers are:-

Audi 80 90 S2 RS2 85.77.17 / 27

Useful link
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Thanks Andy for clearing that up. Great link that. Should be a sticky.
      Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

@ Gary - Yeah thats really tempting! I could just drill 4 holes in the floor and have the whole thing fitted in half an hour, i'm probably being too pedantic...

Comment

i made my own frames from some scrap seats for my pole positions,saved a few hundred quid

Comment

Originally posted by quattronutter View Post
            i made my own frames from some scrap seats for my pole positions,saved a few hundred quid
            you could use the old bases with two bars which would cost you um..... around £20-30 tops

easy enough to do and if you did it right would keep the height adjustment, btdt.

Comment

Think i'm gonna chop that out to make it lower anyway. I can kid myself that i'm saving weight too, but that would be akin to having fruit and fibre breakfasts for a week....

Comment

It'll save you about 1kg
                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Just got in. Took a while because I encountered another problem on the way to my friends workshop. In a nutshell, something stubborn on the side of the road, something bent, something like 10 degrees of toe out hopefully all sorted now though.

Anyway....

Basically just welded two square tubes onto the existing bottom half of the subframe, then drilled 4 holes. It's not perfect though. The hole thing is still too high for my liking. Very happy I have a Recaro in my Coupe in time for the trackday:mischeif:

Comment

Nice work. If you if too low you can't see over the steering wheel I can't see the end of the bonnet.
                    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

if you want to have it lower, you have to cut away the front pipe and take the seat way back.

look where i have the tubes, and how i dropped it in front:

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Ah, that's good to know.
                        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

skull's one is closer to what my one's was in the cq except mine still had the height adjustment.

@stiglet - what got bent? wishbone? wheel? and those tubes would be good if you could get thinner one's

Comment

Driving back from York last night the seat felt excellent, not too low so i can't see hedgehogs, but still got head room. Just a bit concerned what it's going to be like with a helmet. Skull, that looks like a better way of doing it but did you get rid of the adjustment handle?

@ Acidburn - We had the car up on the lift for about 2 hours searching for something bent. Couldn't see anything wrong, but the toe angle was rediculous so something has let go. My friend reckons it's where the steering arm attaches onto the strut, although i'm not sure. Luckily, the garage he works at had alignment equipment so we adjusted everything back to normal and it all feels fine.... for now!

Comment

You might have just knocked something over like the ball joint, still keep an eye on it and check it.

Comment

stiglet: this pic if not of the finished subframe, the finished thing is on page 1
                                Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Working...
                                X