Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exchange of experience setting m.2.3.2 for beginners.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a small problem. Detonation when shifting gears. When the car goes to boost in one gear, it is set so that there is no knock. But when you change gear, detonation events occur, the ignition angle becomes late and the car goes weak. What settings can be changed to avoid this problem? I tried increasing IGN Retard delta tps to 5 but it didn't help.

Comment

Prj or original?

Comment

Originally posted by Acki View Post
        Prj or original?
        Prjmod

Comment

Originally posted by jonn48 View Post
          There is a small problem. Detonation when shifting gears. When the car goes to boost in one gear, it is set so that there is no knock. But when you change gear, detonation events occur, the ignition angle becomes late and the car goes weak. What settings can be changed to avoid this problem? I tried increasing IGN Retard delta tps to 5 but it didn't help.
          Read carefully http://m232.org/index.php?title=LC/NLS. There is everything that you need to solve the problem. There is a way to "cut" knock control and avoid ignition retard.
          If you expect do not have real knock during shifting it is unreal if you don't have fuel cut. Just try to avoid effect in ecu management during knocking.

PS: Better tuning of some maps also helps!!!

Comment

Stock Motronic code changes the "ZWB" and this causes "late ignition" and needs some "rpm" to bring ignition back to map value.
            At my V8 I measured this and made already a post about (stock code and mapping also cause this). https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...63#post2021363

It's not anti jerk - I'm already thinking about changing this "late ignition" stuff, but it works anyways..

Comment

Hello, please tell me how to disable the adsorber(tank ventilation) in the firmware

Comment

Recently there was a problem with setting the boost on the 26/27 turbine. The boost and n75 values ​​are saw-like. Changes in parameters P, I, D did not give the desired results. Tell me how to turn off pid regulation during tuning, so that the duty cycle of n75 matches the base wgdc map. Setting the parameters P, I, D to 0 did not bring any result.

Comment

Now the results are the same, but there is still room for tuning when you deal with boost control.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by jonn48 View Post
                    Recently there was a problem with setting the boost on the 26/27 turbine. The boost and n75 values ​​are saw-like. Changes in parameters P, I, D did not give the desired results. Tell me how to turn off pid regulation during tuning, so that the duty cycle of n75 matches the base wgdc map. Setting the parameters P, I, D to 0 did not bring any result.
                    I have been runing K26/27 with 10# exhaust housing and did not have any issue with PID regulation.

Comment

Originally posted by filip.krticka View Post

I have been runing K26/27 with 10# exhaust housing and did not have any issue with PID regulation.

On this car, there is probably a problem with the wastegate, because on other cars there was no such problem and there were enough small adjustments to the pid parameters. But still I would like to understand how to run the n75 on the target card and disable pid regulation at the time of configuration.

Comment

Hello,

Recently I changed my stock injectors to 440cc 0280155968 and car has stock turbo and i'm running prjmod stage 1 speed density tune. But now my car runs lean on cold startup idle, somewhere around 15.8 to 15.0 area, and it is gradually coming to 14.7 as the engine warms up.

Car is UrS4 with stock 4bar FPR and what I initially did: turned off lambda control, then I set injector constant to 440 in "Injector constant (cc @ 3 bar), 4 bar FPR", put in injector deadtimes that I found on some forum, I let the engine warm up fully, drove it around 30 minutes and then I adjusted injector deadtimes at 12, 14, 16 voltage ranges to match my real AFR measured with wideband to AFR_REQ at idle (14.7). Car runs great otherwise, logged and checked, fueling is pretty much on point at different loads with lambda control turned off, couple of little adjustments here and there but nothing big out of ordinary. With lambda control turned on, AFR_REQ oscillates from 14.5 to 15.0 at idle and normal cruise with warm engine. But the cold start is way too lean in my opinion, I remember AFR being 12.5 on cold start with stock injectors and gradually working towards 14.7 as the engine heated up. Who has experience with this and can help?

Comment

Hi, there is an coolant temperature dependent map controling the enrichment during warmup. Why not simply raise that?

You have the right strategy in my view to turn lamda control off and then set the best fitting injector constant (i mean that real afr followos requested afr pretty good) and the rest I would adjust in the warmup enrichment map.

I also don‘t know root cause but some injectors need much more fuel set for cranking and warmup..maybe the way how these spray the fuel on small duty cycles..

BR Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by -ice- View Post
                            Hi, there is an coolant temperature dependent map controling the enrichment during warmup. Why not simply raise that?

You have the right strategy in my view to turn lamda control off and then set the best fitting injector constant (i mean that real afr followos requested afr pretty good) and the rest I would adjust in the warmup enrichment map.

I also don‘t know root cause but some injectors need much more fuel set for cranking and warmup..maybe the way how these spray the fuel on small duty cycles..

BR Daniel
                            Thanks for the input.

I will try to raise the warmup enrichment map next, but for some reason I think this is not 100% correct way of approaching this.

What I tried yesterday is I changed my injector constant to 415 instead of 440 since prj suggested here on forum years ago that the Volvo 0280155968 injectors are 415cc @3bar instead of 440cc. I reverted my deadtimes back to the ones I started with in beginning and this initially did give me richer mixture at cold startup but after warming the engine up, deadtimes needed alot of adjusting again to get my real AFR to match REQ_AFR. So on the next cold startup it was lean again, I logged both (440 vs 415) of the warmups and laid datalogs on top of each other and they are pretty much identical. So this tells me that I am compensating one wrong value by adjusting different values elsewhere.
                            Now question arises: is there a good way to know which constants and deadtimes are closer to actual injector parameters? Car is running very well on both cases, apart from cold startup. Surely one deadtimes+440 constant vs another deadtimes+415 constant (lets say for example -0.200ms @12v and 14v) are closer to reality than another? How to determine this?

Comment

You need to consider that engine is not ideal and also fuel pressure regulation is not ideally constant… the pressure the injectors see is fuel pressure minus manifold pressure. A Rs2 regulator f.e. will try to regulate the difference to 3,8bar. But you will see its not 100% constant over the whole pressure range. This is high likely one reason why putting in therotical flow and maybe 3,8 bar FPR will not give perfect afr results.
                              What you are trying to do is to not recalibrate everything that was factory calibrated. And for this it is in my view a good approach to tune injector constant a way its following requested afr well. When just warmup is not good i would enrich this a bit and done. What better result do you want if it is running perfect?

Comment

Originally posted by tekstil View Post
                                Hello,

Recently I changed my stock injectors to 440cc 0280155968 and car has stock turbo and i'm running prjmod stage 1 speed density tune. But now my car runs lean on cold startup idle, somewhere around 15.8 to 15.0 area, and it is gradually coming to 14.7 as the engine warms up.

Car is UrS4 with stock 4bar FPR and what I initially did: turned off lambda control, then I set injector constant to 440 in "Injector constant (cc @ 3 bar), 4 bar FPR", put in injector deadtimes that I found on some forum, I let the engine warm up fully, drove it around 30 minutes and then I adjusted injector deadtimes at 12, 14, 16 voltage ranges to match my real AFR measured with wideband to AFR_REQ at idle (14.7). Car runs great otherwise, logged and checked, fueling is pretty much on point at different loads with lambda control turned off, couple of little adjustments here and there but nothing big out of ordinary. With lambda control turned on, AFR_REQ oscillates from 14.5 to 15.0 at idle and normal cruise with warm engine. But the cold start is way too lean in my opinion, I remember AFR being 12.5 on cold start with stock injectors and gradually working towards 14.7 as the engine heated up. Who has experience with this and can help?
                                What performance values ​​did you have for stock injectors?

Comment

Working...
                                X