Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello friends, in my S2 Coupe ABY I have 4 wires, ground, positive, illumination and the other one what is?
    Now I want mount a cd changer I think in the boot, because I don't find another good position for a cd changer, this cd changer need ground and positive, if is possible I don't want take the positive directly from battery with a fuse, but take it from +12V of radio that is on only when radio is on.
    I think that this wire that I don't know where go, can be the correct one for my use, but I don't know if in the boot or near I can find this wire or not.
    Thanks a lot!
    Bye

Alessio
    My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
    Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
    Audi S2 Coupe ABY
    Audi S2 Avant
    Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

Comment

If it's white it's aerial control, but speced at low current. If memory serves, 150ma - just enough to work a relay.

Don't wire into the boot light. I'm bored with debugging current drain problems caused by that.

Comment

Hello, yes it's white and it's connected with blue wire from iso connector of my Pioneer KEH M-9500RDS, I have also a brown wire separated from the others in my S2 Coupe ABY and it's a original wire, I don't remember if is brown or brown and white, then there is another connector that I think is for see radio information in Autocheck system with the original Audi Gamma radio.
        Thanks!

Bye

Alessio
        My life and my loves

Audi-Porsche Avant RS2
        Audi S6 C4 ABT Avant
        Audi S2 Coupe ABY
        Audi S2 Avant
        Audi Cabriolet 2.0E

Comment

For anyone needing a switched power feed for the "Acc" connection on the head unit.

There is a thin red wire on the back of the ignition switch that gives 12V as soon as the key is turned and stays powered up until the key is removed completely.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
            For anyone needing a switched power feed for the "Acc" connection on the head unit.

There is a thin red wire on the back of the ignition switch that gives 12V as soon as the key is turned and stays powered up until the key is removed completely.
            Brilliant, cheers
            S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post

I see 3 red wires on the back of the ignition connector... Which is the one I need?
              I'm kinda hoping to avoid taking out the instrument cluster, and can't get the multimeter in-about to measure...
              John Bowlerwell
              Electronic Engineer

Present:
              Nogaro Blue RS2 - TOE
              Previous:
              Kingfisher Blue S2 - UAA
              Volcano Black RS2 LHD - DEX

Comment

i did this recently, it is the thinnest wire coming out the back of the ignition switch. IIRC its on the "top" of the connector.
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I'll take another look, thanks!
                  John Bowlerwell
                  Electronic Engineer

Present:
                  Nogaro Blue RS2 - TOE
                  Previous:
                  Kingfisher Blue S2 - UAA
                  Volcano Black RS2 LHD - DEX