urs4 front speaker upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urs4 front speaker upgrades

As title, due to exhaust noise I could do with an upgrade. What size are the stock ones. What can be made fit that doesn't look max power. Cheers des

The oem frontspeakers are non-standard size, somehting between 5" and 5,25" (5,14" etc.). Here is a pic of a 4" DLS vs OEM. I did a downgrade from 5,14 to 4". Well, they sound better after all, luckily.

I made plug and play adapters for the 4" speakers to fit the OEM door enclosure.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

/\ /\ /\ I bet they sound good?
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Yes, clearly better than the stock ones. But they need a sub for the lower end.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
        Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
        BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
        BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

very useful - I'm about to do this on mine!

were there any 5" speakers that would fit?

Comment

I managed to squeeze Edge 5.25", 130mm 210W component speakers in there - bought from sHalfords - they were a very good replacement at a competitive price!

Comment

That's good to know - did you have to cut anything to get 'em in?

Do you know what's the biggest diameter you can get into the rear door cards?

cheers,
              Tom

Comment

I had Audio In Motion in Bmth do it -they said they managed to squeeze them in.... it might take some minor massaging......but they fit and they are an ideal cost effective solution!

Comment

you could just buy my door cards?????

Comment

Good info guys. Do the edge speakers sound much better than stock. Did you mount the component tweeter in the stock position. Cheers.

Comment

Is this the ones you used http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Edge-ED305...item45f94cb56e

Comment

Yes - they are the ones - the tweeter sits nicely in the original sitting quite nicely - best to have a roll of tape handy!!!! Compared to std: night vs day - the original are good speakers but they have had their day - and were born before deep house trance!

Comment

Ok I have ordered a set. I'm going to power them of my 4 x 52 watt Sony head unit. Are yours amped. Cheers des.

Comment

Was the oe speaker nokia or was a bose?worth changing Bose to dls?I did a dls swap in my 100 c4 but removing the plastic inside the dor and insulating dor and panel with special acustic insulator(how do you call it?).But bose worth to be changed with dls without removing the plastic acustic box and using the entire dor for acustics?

Comment

I'm not sure but mine are Nokia.

Comment

Working...
                              X