"OEM" look headunit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
    I needed a head unit with less dept than normal in my daily (Peugeot 106) and bought a pretty cheap Caliber head unit. When installed and driving at night I noticed it would be pretty close to the illumination of the Audi interiors.

I have tried to get the colour captured by camera (on my phone) but did not really work. So will try again with my camera.

Anyway the radio and it's pros and cons according to me.
    http://www.mediamarkt.nl/mcs/product..._code=66078603
    This actually doesn't look ugly. If only it had a better display and more illuminated buttons Still I think that for the money it's a decent unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
      No remote kit just the standard aux cable. So what does this aux cable do then For a cd changer?
      I don't know about the aux cable, but get a proper Becker iPod remote kit, they are great.
      Full control from the head unit, great sound quality
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

You could always try to find the uber-rare Sony "Quattro" MDX-400, which had a built in 4-MD changer into the unit.

Somewhat useless now, I guess.

But, was the top of the line Sony head unit when it was released. Had a solid copper chassis, etc

Comment

Originally posted by purplelion77 View Post
          This actually doesn't look ugly. If only it had a better display and more illuminated buttons Still I think that for the money it's a decent unit.
          Yeah for the money I can't complain.
          Forgot to mention it doesn't have a removable front, so that might be an issue in criminal area's.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
            Has anyone successfully connected their iPod to a Becker unit with the aux cable? When i connect the cable to the iPod it stops playing on loudspeaker as it would if you connected headphones. But nothing comes out the car speakers. Ive got the head unit on cd mode which I'm assuming is correct or am i missing something.
            What becker?? seriously : )

In mine traffic pro high speed you have to enable aux in settings. Settings are opened by long push of the tone button, i think it is in the second page. What kind of adapter are you using?

Never used it myself though. but aux is disabled by default.

Comment

I just got an Audi Delta Headunit, what I think would of been in the 1991 S2 originally. Also bought a bluetooth fm transmitter so I can play music from my phone and hands free calling:

Comment

I'm pretty sure that particular delta Delta predates 1991.

Comment

Hmmmm! Well it looks like it belongs there and sounds better than the daft panasonic that was in when I bought the car.

I like it 😊

Comment

Got my iPod hooked up successfully with the aux cable on my Becker. Hold down sound button and scroll right and Aux settings appear. Turn it on and iPod plays great.
                    1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by purplelion77 View Post
                      Just found there is a bit more luxury version of this radio: http://webshop.caliber.nl/products/v.../rmd068-2.html this one has more illuminated buttons and removable front

Comment

• Going with a Nakamichi ta25 and pioneer eq6500. Will be a while before fitted to a car but I'll make a vid of the SQ in the project shop Should look OE amber/orange but still deliver an analog sound subjective like RS2 bumper vs S2

Why this piece? 500 euros for a gamma CD makes zero sense when SQ and OE look is achievable
                        Cheers mis amigos,
                        _Anton

Comment

• My 1992 Blaupunkt Frankfurt RCM82, it's exactly what I wanted.

DSC_2436 by Matt4475, on Flickr

DSC_2426 by Matt4475, on Flickr
                          Last edited by 80Quattro; 12 July 2017, 10:19.
                          92 Audi 80 Quattro => RS2 Saloon!
                          98 TVR Cerbera 4.5
                          63 Austin Mini Super Deluxe (turbocharged)
                          69 Austin Mini Cooper
                          71 MGB GT
                          75 Daimler Vanden Plas 4.2L
                          04 Kawasaki GPX250
                          96 Subaru Legacy GT-B

Comment

• I have bought a pioneer and I'll be sending the Becker for a check up. It skips mp3 from sd cards no matter their quality and there is practically no bass coming out of the unit. Sound is very poor. I have checked the connections and my old pioneer was hugely better. So although I do dig the oem look, it seems a shame with this Becker unit in the way it sounds.

Comment

• Went with this.

Will be sending the cascade to Germany to a shop to look at.

Comment

• Bremen_SQR_46_DAB_black.jpg New-old Blaupunkt is comming.

Comment

Working...
                                X