• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit silly but I have this to fit soon

48aba0630c51fffa18bbe1a301a691e1 by ryanaqui, on Flickr
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Originally posted by DeS View Post
      Bremen_SQR_46_DAB_black.jpg New-old Blaupunkt is comming.
      Yeah but 450€!

Comment

• Blaupunkt looks great. Somebody buy one when it's out so we can see how it looks fitted.
        1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• becker.jpg
          My bugdet Becker fitted today. Sounds nice and has line in/out & sub out (with ISO connector).

Comment

• Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
            A bit silly but I have this to fit soon

48aba0630c51fffa18bbe1a301a691e1 by ryanaqui, on Flickr
            There is roughly 1500 reasons why this is way too expensive. Still, 1Din and android auto is something that i'm also looking for my UrS6, if only it was cheaper.

Comment

• S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

• The car has long gone (sold to Athens somewhere) but I did find some pictures that may be relevant to the topic. The headunit is a Audi Concert off an Audi TT MK1 and because it had a Bose sound system (which means that it was hooked to an amplifier) the speaker exits didn't work so I connected and external amplifier to line out. Later I added a USB port (seen on some photos next to the headlight beam adjuster). For some reason it won't let me upload certain photos so these are the only ones I could share.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

• Kostas,

Hello sir! Thanks for the above suggestion, easily the most integrated looking one in the entire thread. Hope you are well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lago Blue View Post
                    Kostas,

Hello sir! Thanks for the above suggestion, easily the most integrated looking one in the entire thread. Hope you are well.
                    Thanks David. I got the idea from a Audi Cabriolet brochure. It had an Audi Gamma (if I remember well) with wide fascia and it looked fantastic! I went to great lengths to achieve this look so I was very pleased with it. I had to buy the Audi Cabriolet centre console to fit wide Audi OEM headunits and it was very rare to find. Being under the impression that all wide Audi headunits had the same dimensions I bought this Audi Concert unit (which was also rare and expensive) only to find out that it was too wide (220mm in fact instead of 217mm for Audi Gamma). I've sanded these extra milimeters off and it fitted just fine but then, as I wrote above, I discovered the speaker outputs were disabled and I had to connect it to a newer Audi in order for them to be switched on via a VAG-COM tool. I wasn't able to do that but instead I bought a mini amplifier (Pioneer) that I'd hidden inside the dash (over the glove compartment) as I didn't want any amplifiers spoiling the cabin's factory look. Replaced the speakers with better ones and... I had a pretty decent sounding car stereo!

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post

Ian is this going into UR?
                      I have requested this with my family for the next big bday present.
                      sigpic_________
                      Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by robo View Post

Ian is this going into UR?
                        I have requested this with my family for the next big bday present.
                        It’s mine Rob! And yes it’s going in the Ur

I still have my original Toronto and the radio works but I’ll put it away safe and this one will be lovely. I just made up another motorised aerial after the last one got stuck in down mode and melted itself.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Blaupunkt SQR 46 DAB installed. What do you think?
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Looks very nice
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Toidy.

Comment

• Very oldschool. Looks older than rest of the cockpit.

Comment

Working...
                                X