This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tonks4x4 View Post
    I have fitted cast arms on the rear of my shorty.

did you leave them the right way round? rear wheels look forward than back like Arrons?
    Last edited by campbellWS; 17 March 2013, 23:20. Reason: i am a douchebag

Comment

No I swapped them left to right and upside down.

The picture is not the best as its fully up on its coil overs and the rear tracking is way out.

When at the correct height and tracking set its still a little off centre. I think I also slotted the ball joint holes a little to give a little more correction
      Audi Nut!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tonks4x4 View Post
        No I swapped them left to right and upside down.

The picture is not the best as its fully up on its coil overs and the rear tracking is way out.

When at the correct height and tracking set its still a little off centre. I think I also slotted the ball joint holes a little to give a little more correction
        ah i see, only because the pic is not taken dead on at the back wheels makes it look that way. Could the holes be cast welded and then re-drilled? too much work?

Comment

I decided not to progress it any further as I managed to find a genuine set of sport arms and I can machine new balljoints that locate the leg correctly.
          Audi Nut!!!

Comment

All cool, but what is the improvement with this handling/performance wise? The unsprung weight is heigher so that's a disadvantage.

Comment

Ohh nice car Brian

Comment

Working...
              X