No announcement yet.

S2 Subframe bushes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i use alloy. have done for long time. the bushes dont make it any more stiff or bumpy. thats suspension. mines a daily what they doi it stightem up the chassis so mthe subframes dont move.
    if your engine mounts are not solid the transfer is mimimal on startup vibration etc.
    to be honest i noticed no difference in nride quality and roads are very poor where i live

Comment

I hate vibratsions because i want it be Daily. Any one more uses solid bushes? Any toughts?

Comment

Jared Hersh of HPR makes delrin subframe bushings, that's another option.
        Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
        2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
        2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
        1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
        1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

So subframe is back from painting and needs some bushes now. Have someone tryed black powerflex bushes?

Comment

i run black series on the arms. they work.

Comment

always run with solid ones and I dont find them buzzy at all. Agree with comments above, sharpen up the handling. Last summer moved to powerflex wishbone bushes from OEM and seem to again make things more connected and sharper steering. Also they don't degrade over time like the oem ones.
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I think i will go with Powerflex ones. I hate vibrations and i think solid ones makes some vibrations?

Comment

I'm after oem sub frame bushes, any one know which make would be best? Genuine audi ones are available, but are they worth the $120each or so?

Comment

I wouldnt spend that money on oem one personally...the alloy or powerflex or supaflex ones will largely be fit and forget and that much for a full set
                    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Go with solid alloy ones, my car had them fitted by Dyalynx and since then I've fitted power flex wishbone bushings and really enjoy the car, plus nothing but praise by passengers
                      1991 S2 3B Coupe, KW v1, solid sub frames, poly bushed, chipped, about 260 ish

Comment

Oem subframe bushes are also a nightmare to fit, I mashed 2 up trying to press them in and then went and bought powerflex.

Comment

I bpought AK motorsport red bushes. I dont want solids vibrations. I think red ones are more more durable and stiffer than oem.

Comment

i just dont want the vibrations etc that some people have mentioned.

Comment

Some says that they dont feel vibartions even with solid metal ones. So buy Powerflex,AK etc. rubber ones and your good.

Comment

I am running Supaflex poly subframe bushes. Much more control than OEM but no harshness whatsoever. Recommended for OEM+!
                                The Perfectionist
                                sigpic
                                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                                X