No announcement yet.

I bought Audi Sport wishbone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using a good tube and plate in the construction they will probably be close to 1/2-1/3 of the weight of the cast version...going by my engineering thumb...
    Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Terrybullwon front and rear
      Anton front and rear
      Acidburn front and rear (depending on price)

Comment

I will be not making rear for the avant. Sorry to difficult.
        AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

wishbones

these type of wishbones have been available for ages ,i have seen at least 2 different sorts, i myself offered t45 exact copys and had the ali slider remade with uniball joint but proved to expensive for road use, you must also consider that the outer joint fits to a tapered pin on the bottem of the works uprights which is not on std uprights ,make sure you understand how they work before buying some its not just the wishbone that gets changed ,

Comment

Fronts will fit the avant and the rear is a more modern design anyway so doesn't really have the same issues as the older mcPherson strut.
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

If you're custom making them for raod use then it figures to incorporate the existing lower ball joint into a custom design?
              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

ME! ME! *Raising hand. Fronts please. I have tubulars out back.

All I need are fronts please....of course depending on price too. BTW 034 are trying to make tubulars too......some day.

Comment

maybe i am missing something but I'm struggling to see any major benefit with this setup? Are you really going to get a) a much stiffer setup than the cast oem versions and b) save that much weight?

Don't get me wrong would be more than happy to be proved wrong, just playing devils advocate for a moment
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I would have thought yes to both David but as to how much well that's another matter. Depend really on price too. Proprietary tubing in the right grade is light and strong and with the cross bracing it will make it better. It will be a lot lighter than the cast ones.
                    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I would be up for a set of these, front and rear to fit standard ur uprights.

Are you going to be making them from T45 tubing?

Comment

what are t45 tubing........? the steelquality?? or

Comment

Last edited by Albert; 30 April 2015, 15:09.
                          AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

Whooooa...

Slinky...and damn quick.

How many years you been playing with Solidworks...

Must get myself a copy soon...

How come they taper at the main bush ends?
                            Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Nice idea here, but only viable for road-car use if it can incorporate the stock bottom balljoint... The Audi Sport item would have worked with some exotic rose-jointed affair and a different fitment to the strut as already mentioned.

Should be stiffer and lighter than OEM item. Hard to quantify the benefit sitting here. Price ?????
                              Paul Nugent
                              Webmaster http://S2central.net
                              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

In sure that the solution will be made with the S2 struts in mind, for reasons that the S1 struts are not really off the shelf items and that Albers has advertised them on the S2 forum.

An i dea i had was to use rose joints mounted on plate that bolts to the frame, than to machine a rod to fit the bottom of the strut with a 10mm spacer which will then have a small smooth part which is the thickness of the joint and then the rest would be threded then a rose joint could be used like this.

Maby im just confusing the issue, ill make a picture and post it if iv confused everybody
                                Probably the longet S2 project in history EVER!

Comment

Working...
                                X