No announcement yet.

I bought Audi Sport wishbone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know.... it would make a logical explanation about the price difference. Only thing I could read was that one type fits the original rose joint and for the other you'll be needing the original Sport Quattro rose joint and have to do some bodymodification.

I agree, that manifold doesn't look nice and effective.

Comment

Originally posted by flappie1883 View Post
      I don't know.... it would make a logical explanation about the price difference. Only thing I could read was that one type fits the original rose joint and for the other you'll be needing the original Sport Quattro rose joint and have to do some bodymodification.
      For me the other control arm for OEM joint is misunderstanding of the idea of the sport control arm. One of the most important benefits is the possibility of seting up a negative camber adjustment of front and rear wheels.

With my setup there is no need in modifying anything in the cars suspension. There will be an special extension form the uniball to the stock mcperson column.

As for the ex many, not only the look but the idea of the wastegate running only on one runner ! That is the most stupid idea I have seen.
      AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

Then comes the next question,

You're wishbone also fits the urquattro as well? Would it also be possible to use them on a 200 5T?

Comment

will fit Audi Coupe Quattro. Is there a mounting or other difference with urquattro ?

Let me know exactly what car you have and I will check.
          AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

I only have a typ43 200 5t body in really bad condition....planning on doing a quattro conversion since it requires a body off resauration.
            Still working out the details....witch bottom end I'm gonna use (uri or 200 typ44)
            Of course you're wishbones got me thinking....

Comment

Albert this question came up on the AudiWorld Forum..

http://forums.audiworld.com/9080/msgs/453924.phtml
              In simple terms it asks questions I never thought of.

Comment

Albert, how are you planning to fix these to the stock struts? or are the sport struts in the picture yours??

Ant
                91' Coupe quattro 20v - project
                KW V2s and other goodies
                now gone
                03' BMW 330CI - Sold
                08' A5 Coupe 3.0l tdi quattro - Sold
                57' BMW 525d M Sport Touring

Comment

I'm on the road till Monday. Will post all the answers to the questions asked soon. Most of the issues are not applying to my product as this is the picture of the a prototype. All the comments are welcome and will take them in to account.

As with all the things that I'm doing for Audi, I want the control arms and the rose joints to be the best available.

Comment

I did my best in the translation to english.

Control Arm:

Material R35 or PNEN, 18G2
                    - mig-welding
                    - bendig machine - milling machine for pipe Bendig process, pipes are milled,
                    - metal plate is stamped and bending,
                    - ends of the pipe are pressed and flattened for fastening of bushes,
                    - plug and bends are cut out on the laser,
                    - bushes are turned and grinded, rocker arm is welded in welding tool,
                    - dimensional tolerances: +- 0,03 mm, concentricity tolerances 0,01 mm,
                    - tolerances are checked on separate measurement device,
                    - knurling is made on the press by inserting the mass of material - 50 metric tons.

Pin:

Material PA12
                    - housing of the pin is milled on CNC machine,
                    - furrows for bearing lubrication,
                    - cut-outs for lubricating nipple,
                    - pin has bosses corresponding to the surface of knurling on the rocker arm. It is very important, because after tightening the force is like a punch. If there was no boss, the force would be distributed on larger surface and this causes lower pressure,
                    - cut-outs for spring ring,
                    - sport bearing with possibility of lubrication (made in germany),
                    - additionally, for serial McPherson column we have the pin inserted in the bearing and locked.

The other arm on the picture (audiworld) is made of acid resistant steel and welded with TIG method. TIG heats up welded surface much more than the other method of welding, this causes bigger deformation and worse tolerances and sometimes lowers strength of the material.
                    Last edited by Albert; 26 January 2009, 14:13.

Comment

Originally posted by flappie1883 View Post
                      I only have a typ43 200 5t body in really bad condition....planning on doing a quattro conversion since it requires a body off resauration.
                      Still working out the details....witch bottom end I'm gonna use (uri or 200 typ44)
                      Of course you're wishbones got me thinking....
                      the wishbone willl NOT fit the 43 audchassi im afraid
                      the 43 and 44 chassi may use some parts together
                      this wishbone will fit any small chassi of audi like the audi 80/90/s2 and vw passat/santana,quantum,and alll the urq,BUT i hope they are asymetric, then you may use the +17++17 mm senter no spacer needed thu...

Comment

The other arm on the picture (audiworld) is made of acid resistant steel and welded with TIG method. TIG heats up welded surface much more than the other method of welding, this causes bigger deformation and worse tolerances and sometimes lowers strength of the material.

Is that why all fabricated arms in motorsport are tig welded?

Tig is the best and strongest weld.
                        Rob..
                        94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                        87 UR 20v ABY
                        97 S6 Avant
                        96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                        1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Mig is better because
                          - more resistant to abuse
                          - less temperature on the welding surface
                          - mig is designed to take more stress

The Audi Sport wishbone that I have is done with mig welding.

Comment

Dissagree.
                            Mig is only better for speed of production.
                            Rob..
                            87 UR 20v ABY
                            97 S6 Avant

Comment

Try get a weld like this with a mig!
                              weld.jpg
                              Rob..
                              87 UR 20v ABY
                              97 S6 Avant

Comment

Had a mate whose Dad was a master welder and he taught it too... I'm sure I remember him saying that TIG was better/stronger than MIG - but he only did it on certain types of metal (can't remember which) and I'm sure the TIG materials were more expensive than MIG (at that time anyway).
                                Paul Nugent
                                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                                X