No announcement yet.

I bought Audi Sport wishbone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as first calculations go the set (left & right) for the front would cost around 600 euro. This set can be mounted in stock S2. Pictures will follow.
    AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

Are you going to make them to take the ur quattro struts as well? Or are they the same fitment as the s2 struts?

Comment

Can't find the post, but I'm sure someone in Holland (jeffer???)was working on something like this before - whatever happened to them?
        Cheers
        Chris
        Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
        20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

600 Euros a pair?

Ouch. I'm out.
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

He 80% of the cost is material that has to be used to make sure that the wishbone will be strong and durable for racing.
            AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

wishbones

now you can see why we didnt bother making any for others they have no idea as to cost of materials and jigs before you even fabricate them ,

Comment

Originally posted by garym View Post
                now you can see why we didnt bother making any for others they have no idea as to cost of materials and jigs before you even fabricate them ,

Most people doesn't make a custom part from scratch so they don't now how much work is involved. They just look at prices for China made parts on ebay....

Comment

This is a set one off type, If we would make 100s the price would be lower. But making 5 sets is expensive.

Comment

It was Jeffer indeed, he had the idea to recreate these wishbones.

@Albert did you run any CosmosWorks calculations on these?? i noticed you use Solidworks aswell.

I have a similar layout drawn in weldment profiles in CrMo steel and i am busy trying to compare the outcome with the OEM cast wishbones to spot any points of improvement.
                    Things i like to modify is the posibility to mount adjustable ARB blades.

Comment

Finally finished the project. They will be up for sale soon.

Will have to versions
                      1) rally mcperson
                      2) stock S2/quattro mcperson

Quick pics.

pic1. shows the original rally mcperson looks like that
                      Last edited by Albert; 17 January 2009, 19:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                        600 Euros a pair?

Ouch. I'm out.
                        Hey,

300 E's a corner's damn good...the right material, all that cutting and welding.

Wish i had a race car to put them on...
                        Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Pictures not currently working Albert?

Comment

Pictures should work. If not let me know again.

The price will be about 500 euro for fronts (2 wishbones, 2 PA-11 parts, screws, plates ect) and the same for the rear.

Comment

NIce!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Aelred

Comment

All the pictures are working now! They were well worth the wait! Top work! I shall be in touch at some point about some.

Comment

Working...
                                X