X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it's worth,

S2 Avant - as adaily on city roads on S8s,

with V6 Coupe front springs, and (currently) S2 Avant rear springs, std rubber bushes, but with RS2 fARB and Neuspeed rARB,

the four konis are sell at fully soft and it works well as a daily setting for an S2, which never goes near a track.

Fully soft is definitely a setting for everyday / comfort, they would be too soft to damp tight on a track on this setting. As was mentioned fully hard is pretty hard, btdt.

Just posted to help others form an opinion for their own car, as they are a pain to try different adjustments on as they have to be taken off the car and stripped, adjusted, put back together and then put back on the car, so it's worth trying to get it right first time if possible.

Top adjustables with a quick twist of a white knob under the bonnet like the konis available for a Mk 1 Golf, even for the front, would be a Godsend.

I presume no one does under the bonnet top adjustables, or do Witec or Gaz do down on the strut adjustables?

Kind regards.

Comment

change the strut housing to the 50mm audi 80 pieces and you can have the top adjustables...
      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

that looks perfect Rok

PITA as DAvid says that there are no top adjustables for the S2 fitment
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

my Koni's lasted 2.5 years......

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            that looks perfect Rok
            PITA as DAvid says that there are no top adjustables for the S2 fitment
            you can easly fit the audi 80 strut housing to an s2. they are exactly the same, the only difference is the thread on top 50mm not 55mm. everything else is exactly the same. i have both at home.
            Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by Sküll View Post
              you can easly fit the audi 80 strut housing to an s2. they are exactly the same, the only difference is the thread on top 50mm not 55mm. everything else is exactly the same. i have both at home.
              Which Koni partnr. fits the 80 B4 housings then?

Comment

8610-1262sport
                Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Which Koni shocks I should use on 1991 S2 Coupe 3B?

From Koni website:

S2 (B3, 8B) Coupé Quattro 2.3E-20V Turbo 90-95 Sport
                  Front 86-2086SPD2
                  Rear 86-2433Sport

S2 Avant 93-95 Sport
                  Front 86-2086SPD2
                  Rear 8210-1160Sport

RS2 Avant 94-96 Sport
                  Front 86-2086SPD2
                  Rear 8210-1160Sport

Coupé (B3, 8B) Quattro 2.3E-20V 89-91 Sport
                  Front 86-2066Sport
                  Rear 86-2433Sport
                  Sport Front 8610-1262Sport

There's been a debate about which shocks S2 Coupe has. Some say 3B has 50 mm and ABY 55 mm. Some say all S2-s have 55 mm shocks. The thing is I have original S2 suspension on my 1991 S2 Coupe 3B (sent part numbers to Audi and they conformed it) and it has 49-50 mm shock (blue Boge 1 0201 32 226 A / 895 413 503 C).

Koni website says that all S2-s and RS2 have the same front 86-2086SPD2 shock. Does it really?

Comment

Is anyone aware of after market ferrofluid shocks being available yet? Seems like it would save a lot of ballache with mechanical adjustment.

change the strut housing to the 50mm audi 80 pieces and you can have the top adjustables...
                    I'd be grateful for any part numbers!

Comment

In answer to my own question:

Yep - http://magneshocks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by |Maku| View Post
                        Which Koni shocks I should use on 1991 S2 Coupe 3B?

From Koni website:

S2 (B3, 8B) Coupé Quattro 2.3E-20V Turbo 90-95 Sport
                        Front 86-2086SPD2
                        Rear 86-2433Sport

S2 Avant 93-95 Sport
                        Front 86-2086SPD2
                        Rear 8210-1160Sport

RS2 Avant 94-96 Sport
                        Front 86-2086SPD2
                        Rear 8210-1160Sport

Coupé (B3, 8B) Quattro 2.3E-20V 89-91 Sport
                        Front 86-2066Sport
                        Rear 86-2433Sport
                        Sport Front 8610-1262Sport

There's been a debate about which shocks S2 Coupe has. Some say 3B has 50 mm and ABY 55 mm. Some say all S2-s have 55 mm shocks. The thing is I have original S2 suspension on my 1991 S2 Coupe 3B (sent part numbers to Audi and they conformed it) and it has 49-50 mm shock (blue Boge 1 0201 32 226 A / 895 413 503 C).

Koni website says that all S2-s and RS2 have the same front 86-2086SPD2 shock. Does it really?
                        If someone can answer that, i would be grateful. I have B4 Sedan body but all things come from S2 3B. Now one of front shock is run out of oil and i need new but no one knows what to fit there. Is it 50mm or 55mm?

And is there any better options than S2 front shocks that cost 300€?

Comment

Just measure them, it's that easy...
                          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Just measure them, it's that easy...
                            I dont know what to measure exactly. Do i have to take apart everything to measure shocks?

Comment

Just remove the wheel and measure the thread of the nut that holds the shock insert in:

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

I have found the following codes for the Audi rs2

front 86-2086SPD2
                                rear 8210-1160Sport

to those who have experience, do these work with stock springs? Does the car sit in the correct position if stock springs are used or are they made to be used on a lowered spring?

Also are they better than Holstein when it comes to road abnormalities?

Also are these shocks serviceable or once they are dead you throw them away for new ones?

Comment

Working...
                                X