Sport Steering Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
    I have a load more testing to do, but I will be talking to the firm in the states about getting some more done in due course.
    I need to do some miles on it and also would like to test it on track.

I know of a couple of people who have already expressed an interest, but f anyone else is potentially interested please get in touch or start a provisional list on this thread, that will help to give me a rough idea to generate some costs.

I need to chase Kev regarding the PAS pump prototype too, but I know he has been super busy!

Cheers
    Alex
    Hello from the States
    I'm interested to learn who it was that did this refurb for you...I'm doing a track car build and this would be much welcomed info. Please can you pm me with that info?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DFrosty View Post
      Hello from the States
      I'm interested to learn who it was that did this refurb for you...I'm doing a track car build and this would be much welcomed info. Please can you pm me with that info?

Thanks
      yeah that would also be much appreciated for myself, for my coupe trackcar, ( link in sig)
      thanks
      BEAST '90 CQ 24v VRT / O1E / v8 rear, HOLSET SUPER 40 http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=193#p37887
      DD '86 4kq BLAZE, swapping aba/16vT and O1E http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=201#p38264

Comment

awesome, so do you want to get in on a group buy or do you just want to rip off the ££££ I have spent in R&D so far to make this work?
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

awesome, so do you want to get in on a group buy or do you just want to rip off the ££££ I have spent in R&D so far to make this work?
          I was thinking the same thing but you had the right to say it

Comment

whoa hey, i wasnt trying to steal your research i was looking for gb info, not trying to ruffle any feathers sorry i was jsut looking to get in on it
            BEAST '90 CQ 24v VRT / O1E / v8 rear, HOLSET SUPER 40 http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=193#p37887
            DD '86 4kq BLAZE, swapping aba/16vT and O1E http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=201#p38264

Comment

No feathers are ruffled dude, you guys asked me for the details of who did the work not about a potential group buy.
              If you are interested in getting involved that's cool
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

its cool, i didnt really fully read the post above my original post, i jsut got the gist of it, and thoght ya i want in too, and quoted him
                sorry on confusion, im very excited you did so much research beneficial to the whole platform, very very interested

Comment

Easy mate. I'm doing my own R&D so that I can weigh all options to arrive at the best possible solution for me. I've spent a lot of my own $$$$ supporting the ££££ from various purchases on your side of the pond.

I'm not gonna go all in on something I know nothing about....Would you? And, I appreciate the time and effort you've put into this, but I'm just looking for info for my own research.

Thanks

Comment

So I took the car out for a test drive today, and I can tell you that with the protoype rack, that the steering is totally transformed.

There is significantly more weight to the steering and consequently you can be more precise and aggressive with the steering on corner entry without fear of over-inputting. There is a lovely increase in steering feel, you can actually feel the amount of grip available at the front wheels and the self-centrering effect is stronger. It is still no 911 but it now feels like a 21st century performance car

In terms of before and after feel of the car, this is easily the best modofication I have done to my coupe - 10/10
                    That's really great news, Alex.
                    SS

Comment

Cool stuff

Hey Alex, will there be a warranty if at all?
                      Can they shorten the lock to lock for track setup?

Looks like spare racks will be in high demand
                      Cheers mis amigos,
                      _Anton

Comment

Hey Anton,

I don't think warranty will be possible as it is a custom modification to an already used part. Having said that I am sure the supplier will warranty their own workmanship

Yes it is possible to do a shorter rack but the cost would eye-watering as a one-off, its not something of interest to be honest, for two reasons:
                        1. seems to me 99% of people don't like paying for exotic parts unless it is a turbo
                        2. there is already a couple of options on the market (034, Sellholm)

IMHO you would be better off using a 1.5:1 quickener on a 3.0turn rack to reduce it to 2.0... or find an Audi Sport rack!
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Understandable sir.. thanks for the answers. Dependent on time frame I'm in for sure. Thumbs up for all the hard work bud

PM me if you know where I can get an SQ rack:mischeif:
                          Cheers mis amigos,
                          _Anton

Comment

Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Could we work out a direct shipment for US buyers? Any thoughts on these racks with KW coil-overs which have short steering arms?
                              1995 1PissedOff90sigpic1991 USDM CQ 7aT

Comment

what do you mean about the KWs dude? I know the steering arms are lower, but still the same length I think
                                Regardless, the motion of the rack remains unchanged with this upgrade, only effect is that the steering is firmer and feels much more direct
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X