No announcement yet.

Sport Steering Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you even read the post above let alone what this thread is about?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

no thats why i asked

Comment

Where's the 'facepalm' smiley when you need one
        sigpic
        1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
        1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
        1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
          3. I have not inspected a LHD rack but i imagine it is a mirror image so 99.9% yes.
          True but your need to run the rack and pinon upside down for a RHD car so i very much doubt you could get a 034 or a selholm to work

Originally posted by butchone View Post
          im in please if a 1986 coupe quattro rack can be made as quick as possible? (for competition)
          You can have a 2.1 rack the same as mine if you like. That will fit a S2 one will not

Alex has done a out standing job on this and i am shocked more people have not jumped onboard
          Chef

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
            True but your need to run the rack and pinon upside down for a RHD car so i very much doubt you could get a 034 or a selholm to work
            Yes this is true, what i meant was that the pinion will likely be near identical so the T-bar should be the same
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
              Yes this is true, what i meant was that the pinion will likely be near identical so the T-bar should be the same
              Alex i have those photos's you asked for.... And i took them against a S2 rack
              Chef

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post

You can have a 2.1 rack the same as mine if you like. That will fit a S2 one will not

Alex has done a out standing job on this and i am shocked more people have not jumped onboard
                yes ok that will do fine thank you

Comment

Hi guys,

No TBH I didn't do anything yet due to lack of interest and I don't want to waste their time as they are very busy.
                  My adjustable PAS pump prototype is almost ready though.

Rok:

1. Yes you would supply a rack, s2 or B4 are OK the T-bar is the same.
                  2. Yes it is possible but you can already just buy a stock ABY/ADU rack which is 2.6 turns, or for a quicker rack 034 sell a 2.2 turn rack, Selholm do one too so there is no market for it.
                  3. I have not inspected a LHD rack but i imagine it is a mirror image so 99.9% yes.
                  hey error,

cool, thanks for the reply. so, the PAS pump modification will produce similar results to the rack mod?

i just found out that the UrS rack ratio is 18.89:1. oh dear...

peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

Similar yes, with the adjustable PAS pump you will be able to reduce the strength of the power assistance somewhat and increase feedback (the self centering effect). Unlike the stiffer Tbar you won't gain any steering "feel" though.

I am also working on another little mod which I hope will make an improvement to the steering feel :mischeif:
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                      Hi Peter,

Similar yes, with the adjustable PAS pump you will be able to reduce the strength of the power assistance somewhat and increase feedback (the self centering effect). Unlike the stiffer Tbar you won't gain any steering "feel" though.

I am also working on another little mod which I hope will make an improvement to the steering feel :mischeif:
                      oh yeah???

Comment

• ... all in good time
                        Theory only at this stage, need to make a prototype to test, but it won't be an expensive part.
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• ..On my URS6 (trackcar.. work in progress) I was hoping to be able to reduce the ratio to get a more direct feel, and then remove all the servo pump and actuator and replace the whole lot with an electromechanical one..
                          Pros: reduce power wasted on "useless" hydro pump..
                          Cons: probably the cost..

I'm doing this in my free time (mostly at night!) so it might be a while before I sort it all out.. but I'll keep you informed!

P.

Comment

• Any updates regarding GB shipping to Canadian/US customers?
                            Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                            2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                            2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                            1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                            1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

• I won't be doing a GB at this time due to lack of genuine interest (pretty common on this forum TBH)
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• ..I am making a little progress:
                                Found a company in norhern Italy and apparently they can reduce di some 30% the lock to lock travel on my rack..
                                it might take them a month or so..
                                ..€ is another issue I cannot talk about for the time being..

Comment

Working...
                                X