Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting in C4(UrS4/6 etc.) front subframe alu bushings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, then we go with bolts for all so we skip all extra hassle. Havn't heard anything from the machine shop that does the alu bushing, but I will call them today.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• With Bolts

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
      Ok, then we go with bolts for all so we skip all extra hassle. Havn't heard anything from the machine shop that does the alu bushing, but I will call them today.
      I will be glad to get the kit WITH bolts.
      Chris
      "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

• Sounds like bolts for all, keep it simple

Comment

• same here. no time to source.

Comment

• Called them last Monday. The bushings was not ready back then. Now I'm waiting for a call, really hope to get it tomorrow. Hope no one is in great hurry with these bushings? Seems that all firms and machine shops here are really busy atm...

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• No rush - thanks!

Comment

• Take your time, no worries...

Comment

• Called the machine shop again today. Well, the bushes isn't ready yet. Again they promised this week.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• No need to rush for me. Gives me more time to prep the spare subframe.

Comment

• Ok, all bushes are finished and ready. Two problems left, first one is that the store I bought the bolts from had only one bolt left. They promised to order more, should arrive next week.

Second problem is the weight and shipping to US. One kit weights ~2,17kg including bolts, seven kits weights slightly over 15kg(15,19kg + packing material). Our post office price for max 15kg is 72,50 euro. If it goes over that the next step is max 30kg 121,50e.

Two bolts weight ~180g so total for them is 1,26kg. Packing material max. 1kg.

You can check the shipping prices here: http://www.posti.fi/hinnatjaohjeet/ Ulkomaan paketit -> Postipaketti ulkomaille -> 3

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• I got 4 extra kits. So Topolini(two kits), Shogun88 and diesel des, please inform if you are still interested.

On spare place:

1. Topolini (S2forum) - 2 kit's
                        2. Shogun88 (S2forum) - 1kit
                        3. diesel des (S2forum) - 1kit
                        4. hugokx (S2forum) - 1 kit

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                          Ok, all bushes are finished and ready. Two problems left, first one is that the store I bought the bolts from had only one bolt left. They promised to order more, should arrive next week.

Second problem is the weight and shipping to US. One kit weights ~2,17kg including bolts, seven kits weights slightly over 15kg(15,19kg + packing material). Our post office price for max 15kg is 72,50 euro. If it goes over that the next step is max 30kg 121,50e.

Two bolts weight ~180g so total for them is 1,26kg. Packing material max. 1kg.

You can check the shipping prices here: http://www.posti.fi/hinnatjaohjeet/ Ulkomaan paketit -> Postipaketti ulkomaille -> 3
                          For the USA guys it looks like it may be cheaper to split up the kits up & ship in two parcels rather than take the next jump in weight to the 30kg rate. Perhaps split them up Geographically? Or sell more kits to the USA.
                          Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                            I got 4 extra kits. So Topolini(two kits), Shogun88 and diesel des, please inform if you are still interested.

On spare place:

1. Topolini (S2forum) - 2 kit's
                            2. Shogun88 (S2forum) - 1kit
                            3. diesel des (S2forum) - 1kit
                            4. hugokx (S2forum) - 1 kit
                            I would like to move buying in the fall, because Now I am constantly on business trips.

Comment

• I could ship out the bolts separately. They can be shipped as a Maxi letter(max 1,5kg) and that would cost 19,50e as economy mail to US. The bolts cost me about 1e/pcs. If he who I send the shipment to can supply them from US, then I can give him a small discount and it would be cheaper for everyone.
                              Last edited by Thuppu; 21 June 2012, 19:16.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Topolini View Post
                                I would like to move buying in the fall, because Now I am constantly on business trips.
                                Ok, I have made 3 extra sets of the steelflange bushings, but I have no alu bushings for them atm. Maybe I can made few extra alu-bushings in the fall. Contact me then if you are still interested.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
                                X