Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting in C4(UrS4/6 etc.) front subframe alu bushings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have poly front subframe bushings (front and rear) on my UrS6. It also has new top mounts, springs, dampers, LCAs, tie rods, anti-roll bar bushings, steering rods & ends, steering damper, the lot basically BUT the thing which has improved the steering response more than all these things added together is having 4 wheel tracking done by a professional. The difference is night and day, and it will cost you less than £50. Do make sure it is done by someone who knows what they are doing (not a 16 year old at kwik-fit) as the tie-rod end nuts have to be properly torqued else they will work loose. If you are unlucky you may have to replace the entire rod if the joints are seized beyond hope. I don't know if 4 wheel drive vehicles are particularly more sensitive to tracking errors but it really brought everything into focus, even the body roll was immediately noticeably less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecrispynoodle View Post
      I have poly front subframe bushings (front and rear) on my UrS6. It also has new top mounts, springs, dampers, LCAs, tie rods, anti-roll bar bushings, steering rods & ends, steering damper, the lot basically BUT the thing which has improved the steering response more than all these things added together is having 4 wheel tracking done by a professional. The difference is night and day, and it will cost you less than £50. Do make sure it is done by someone who knows what they are doing (not a 16 year old at kwik-fit) as the tie-rod end nuts have to be properly torqued else they will work loose. If you are unlucky you may have to replace the entire rod if the joints are seized beyond hope. I don't know if 4 wheel drive vehicles are particularly more sensitive to tracking errors but it really brought everything into focus, even the body roll was immediately noticeably less.
      Could you show the pictures poly rear subframe bushings?

Comment

• They were handmade by someone in Canada from the Quattroworld forum. A few people are running them. I'll upload the pictures he took after they were made for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topolini View Post
          Ready to buy a kit. Need delivery to Russia, Moscow.
          I have two sets of zinc coated steel bushings ready for you, but I need to order more of the alu-bushings. Can't order them before next week, and can take few weeks before the machine shop get them ready.

Shipping for two sets to Russia is 41 euro.

Have also plans to manufacture P&P uniball inner joints for the C4 front strut arms, but I will do a separate thread for them.
          Last edited by Thuppu; 8 August 2012, 17:58.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Topolini View Post
            Could you show the pictures poly rear subframe bushings?
            Bambridge on this forum makes delring bushes for the C4 rear subframe. http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37968

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
              Have also a plans to manufacture P&P uniball inner joints for the C4 front strut arms, but I will do a separate thread for them.
              so by this you mean the inner-most bushings for the front lower control arms? powerflex makes some for the Typ44 chassis, but they still would require machining to fit the C4 chassis.

i will watch for your thread! i would be quite interested in those.

peter

Comment

• Yes, control arm is the right word. For the inner big end.

Something like this that would fit direct on to replace the rubber bushing. Can be that you need to weld on the cup for the uniball.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• that would be excellent. however... if welding is required... why not machine a whole new control arm out of aluminum and then you can incorporate spherical bearings at the outer location for the swaybar, and also a replaceable ball joint? (like the B3/B4 front lower control arms)

peter

Comment

• The cups can be made to fit tight in the control arm, so small welding is just to secure the fit. I'm just not sure if all after market control arms has exact same size bushing..? Propably the billet arms would be way too expencive. The sway bar bushings could be made of polyurethane though.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• for sure, i believe powerflex makes poly bushings for the swaybar ends already. i need to confirm sizes.

i believe all of the arms, OE or aftermarket, have the same size bushings. this would be a GREAT solution - i have thought about buying the powerflex units (http://www.powerflex.co.uk/product-d...Bush/1764.html), they need to be pressed into the control arm, and the spacers would have to be machined down as they are too long. they are £55 each, though.

peter

Comment

• For sure can't do them under that price. Only a good quality uniball can cost that much each, plus the material and machining of the cups and bolt sleeves.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• I'm also interested, another group shipment to the States may be in order

Comment

• I would be in for those uniball control arms kit!
                            1996 Audi S6, VEMS, S362.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                              I have two sets of zinc coated steel bushings ready for you, but I need to order more of the alu-bushings. Can't order them before next week, and can take few weeks before the machine shop get them ready.

Shipping for two sets to Russia is 41 euro.

Have also plans to manufacture P&P uniball inner joints for the C4 front strut arms, but I will do a separate thread for them.
                              I'll wait as you need.

Comment

• Originally posted by slater View Post
                                for sure, i believe powerflex makes poly bushings for the swaybar ends already. i need to confirm sizes.

i believe all of the arms, OE or aftermarket, have the same size bushings. this would be a GREAT solution - i have thought about buying the powerflex units (http://www.powerflex.co.uk/product-d...Bush/1764.html), they need to be pressed into the control arm, and the spacers would have to be machined down as they are too long. they are £55 each, though.

peter
                                Does anyone have already installed these items in the suspension?

Comment

Working...
                                X