Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a coupe, they're 60N/mm rear and either 60MN/mm or 70N/mm for the front, depending on which kit you go for. Not sure about avant rears but I would expect the fronts to be the same as a coupe, as they are as standard.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Cheers rusty. Is there a way to decipher the codes on kw springs? Seems like 2.5 inch springs should fit?

Comment

I don't know how is the feel and grip whit upgraded suspension but I can say the rear is happy /ish by changing the balance by braking or off gas . Don't think is easy to overcome the under steer on a quattro just because is a 50/50 . I maight be wrong but is how I see it.

Comment

The back is wayward off the gas / when braking because the rear goes toe out when the suspension lifts. The 2.5 deg camber I got at the rear stopped this and made the car feel very stable.

Springs are the key to getting the basics right and then tune the chassis after that.

Stiffer ARBs aren't really the best way of doing things but as a crude solution, they do the job.
          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

My kw main springs front and back say 60 170. So I reckon they are the 60n mm springs. About 350 lb inch. Anyhow just looking at roll bars. I have 3. 25mm 15mm and a 22mm that mounts different maybe a Urq type. So for a fast road a track toy urq what roll bar do you reckon I should get? I'm thinking I should stay standard at the front and put something bigger than 15mm on the rear? Just as a starting point.

Stock 3b front

Weird maybe urq 22mm?

[IMG]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/03/c7f376035c9f****d89d4b48b48ae171.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

I'm running s2 suspension setup by the way.

Comment

Get some 70N/mm or 400lb springs for the rear and run a whiteline adjustable. No need for big ARBs with a coilover setup that allows for spring rates to be changed - the FARB on the rear is only really needed to balance OE or HnR springs.
                Last edited by Rusty; 4 August 2015, 11:13.
                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I have the 70n springs on the rear with a Whiteline rear bar and the balance is spot on for me. The back end is loose without being lairy
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Ok I will try things with the supplied 60n springs first as I might as well now I have them. Where is the best therefore least expensive place to get a whiteline rear bar? Just run the stock front bar?

Thanks des.

Comment

Do it once; do it right IMO.

If you run 60/60, then you'll need at least a Whiteline rear bar with a stock front bar, or try the rear bar setup that Error404 used with the B3 style bar. The B4 bar requires the struts swapping left and right at the rear, so if you're doing that, then you may as well swap out the springs and have done with it.
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Thanks for the advice rusty. The white line bar is on my list to get. But as my car is a Urq with s2 running gear completely stripped out with race seats and a full cage there are enough variables that I will try the 60n springs and work from there. I reckon I should be able to get the car to 1250kg ish.

So we're is best for the whiteline bar?

Comment

Camskills have the whiteline arb for 144. One is on order.....

Comment

Ah, stripped out rear does change things somewhat...
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

So Any Setup That It Is Ok For A Track Day?

Comment

Originally posted by 20v View Post
                                So Any Setup That It Is Ok For A Track Day?
                                Think you need to read the thread
                                RS 2 580HP

Comment

Working...
                                X