No announcement yet.

B2, B3, B4 subframe differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys! I want to fit a V6 subframe because of the extra gearbox mounts and the fact that it leaves extra clearance beneath the oil sump.
    I guess the suspension arms are the same fitment as well? Apart from the ball-joints of course.

Comment

Hi,

I have an S2 3b but all installed to B4 Sedan. Now my front subrame is rusted and i need new one. Because right now i have 3B subframe, the wheels are inside comparing on wings. B4 subframe would push the wheels in right place as i have understand.
      Can i put B4 quattro subframe to make car better looking? Or 3B engine needs 3B subframe?

Comment

Subframe has nothing to do with the place of the wheels. 5cyl. all have equal subframes - no difference is it 10v, 20v or 20vt.

Comment

In audiquattro forum they say that 3B and B4 looks the same subframe but some pushes are not the same size and its moves also wheels little bit outside.

Comment

As I already told you on facebook, subframes are the same. How could possibly some bushes size move the positsion of something. Size is not important, as the bushes are not eccentric and center is in the same place, also bolt holes are in the same place on chassis, on all cars.
            Even the part numbers are same. Use V6 or B4 quattro subframe.

Only gearbox mount height difference.
            Last edited by M2ki; 8 November 2017, 14:29.
            1989 Audi 80 Quattro
            1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Wishbones!!??

Comment

Originally posted by quattrito View Post
                Subframe has nothing to do with the place of the wheels. 5cyl. all have equal subframes - no difference is it 10v, 20v or 20vt.
                You mean B3 and B4 Quattro frames? All are the same IF the car have 5cyl, 5 speed gearbox and is quattro?

Comment

I know this is an oldish thread but most of the knowledgeable subscribers are still around so, bearing in mind that “there are no stupid questions “, will the front subframe from a 1996 B4 S2 coupe line up and bolt into a 1988 B2 uR quattro, as long as the bolts in the bushes are the same diameter? I realise 12mm in B4 and possibly 10mm in B2. So I might need to change the bushes to get 10mm fitting hole.
                  1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                  2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                  2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

The subframe will defo fit the UR. Only note that the ABY frame has different heights for the gearbox mounts from original frame, apart from that all fits using correct bushes as you stated.

Comment

The subframe will defo fit the UR. Only note that the ABY frame has different heights for the gearbox mounts from original frame, apart from that all fits using correct bushes as you stated.
                      Thanks for this, so do I need a spacer for the gearbox mounts or do the mounts need adjusted?
                      1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                      2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                      2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

You need a simple spacer for the drivers side mount if I recall correctly, the dimensions must be on here somewhere.
                        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                          You need a simple spacer for the drivers side mount if I recall correctly, the dimensions must be on here somewhere.
                          20mm ?
                          Something like that

No wait, isn’t that for the 6 speed box in a 3B?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                            Thanks Kit, I’ll have a search.
                            1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                            2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                            2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post

20mm ?
                              Something like that

No wait, isn’t that for the 6 speed box in a 3B?
                              Yeah, that for putting a six speed in a 3B, though I think this guys set up is the same essentially?

20mm sounds right, I've encounter it done with lots of washers stacked on top of each other, I certainly don't recommend doing this!

Though have a hunt around your workshop you may find something that'll do the job nicely... I know I would in my workshop, but I'm a serious hoarder with box's and box's of bits.

It doesn't have to be anything fancy, though getting a 20mm alloy spacer machined up will cost next to nothing and look tidy.

Just ensure that's what you require for this application.
                              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

I’ll get something machined once I measure the size. It’s a bit in the future.
                                1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                                2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                                2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Working...
                                X