Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X2

Comment

Finally fitted mine today.. Thank you for the machine work Alex. I had 50mm of thread between bottom of spring perch and end of thread on shock body.. So I've set it up with 35mm now as the top mounts sit approx 15mm taller.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good. One job you never have to do again
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Yeah I won't miss doing that yearly.. Better ways to spend my time for sure.. Cheers Alex.. I read a thread in 2014 when we were discussing this.. Oh well done now..

Comment

I've just been out and put a few miles on the car on the bumpy Country roads round by me. What can I say. Lovely no more knocks.. I am going to put the whiteline rarb on soft next but the front feels very sorted..

Comment

Where can I get these from ?

Comment

Have you got coilovers firstly??
                If so mk4 golf poly top mounts mk4 golf bearings and locking nut and 2 3mm washers large enough to pass over the stanchion thread. No more difficult to fit than standard top mounts.
                You'll need to shave down the profile and external diameter of the mount to the same as standard first that's it..

Comment

You can buy them from me - £250 for a full set, ready to fit. Only works with coil overs with a 22mm damper shaft.
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Sorry Alex I didn't want to put your name forward if you were busy etc..
                    Certainly feels so much better for it..

Comment

I’m always busy mate
                      but I have made a tool to hold the mounts and a CNC program to trim them so it’s less perilous for my pinkies
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

And far neater..

Comment

Hi Alex
                          iv have kw v1 coil overs with Albert top mounts do I still use these ?

Comment

You would have to replace the Albert mounts with these. You may need the old retainer plates though..

Comment

I haven’t got the old retainer plates, I’ll need to source some. Have you done all 4 corners? And how is the ride compared to the ally top mounts??

Comment

I have only the front top mounts. Never had an issue with rears. I assume less weight no steering forces etc.
                                I have never had solid mounts I really didn't like the idea of metal on metal. My car is a very firm ride but there is no knocks or rattles now. The steering feels very positive. I've done every Bush on the car recently and the top mounts were done last so the change was very noticeable. I just need to set the rarb to soft. It's just a bit too firm in country lanes on med setting.

Comment

Working...
                                X