• Show
Clear All

i'm really not sure now it could even be an NM 2.0 20v

Comment

lol

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

NM and 7a uses the same flywheel,that part number you gave IS a 7a/NM flywheel,the chance of finding an NM engine is the UK is slim to non anyway

Comment

Right , I would of helped if you had taken the photo from the top as you may be hiding the pin from the angle of the photo , however from the diameter of the ridge I don't think there is a pin so it is most likely an NG .
            For reference here is a pic of the back and front of a 7A flywheel, note the pin on the back next to the ridge and the diameter of the clutch contact surface on the front.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by spink View Post
              NM and 7a uses the same flywheel,that part number you gave IS a 7a/NM flywheel,the chance of finding an NM engine is the UK is slim to non anyway
              As I said before , don't trust the numbers , they may deceive you , if no pin on the back then its not a 7A/ NM .

Comment

ah i see the pin now... ill have a look when i get back to work, i certainly didnt spot a pin like that, wonder if its fallen out.

Comment

Originally posted by BenC30 View Post
                  and this, i beleieve is a 3b flywheel

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                  Just to add to the confusion, that flywheel looks like the Audi 100/200 3B engine as it dosent have the bearing. Vs S2 3Bs that have the centre bearing.
                  91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                  93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                  94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Ok so our flywheel has no pin for the pulse pickup....

Comment

It's been said the 3B is the lightest, anyone put and actual figure to it in Kg.
                      Looking at a lightened flywheel possibly next year but do not want anything radically lighter that it upsets the normal running. Cheers
                      1986 Coupe q - 2281cc 3B, chargecooler, 2.75" exh & downpipe, ported head, water injection, CGR box, modified MD357 turbo, 440cc injectors, high power coil.
                      2004 A4 2.5TDi convertible, re-mapped to 180bhp
                      2011 A5 sportback 3TDi-Backbox delete, remap

Comment

The 7A flywheel should be 12Kg, I also had the clutch surface reworked and backside machined down, got it to 10.45Kg, witch should be enough for daily use, whilst still beeing a lot lighter that stock AAN dualmass(ca 14KG)

Comment

wow 10kg is still real heavy, id say 7kg is ideal.

If any of you guys want lightweight flywheels go to this guy!!

http://www.ccc-motorsport.de/online-...category_id=66

Comment

Well total 70€ for 7A flywheel and getting it a bit lighter, compared to 399€ + shipping € for ccc motorsport flywheel, i'd say i still have a LOT more imptrant things to do than loose another 4Kg from my 10.45Kg flywheel

Comment

have you seen what happens when a cast iron flywheel fails.... OUCH!!!

Anyway.. thanks for all your help folks, I may be back LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X