S4 2,7 TT Gearbox ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
    What gears are you showing us? I understood the wide vs narrow was 1st gear issue and that first gear was an integral part of the main shaft, not a separate part.
    You need 2 gears to make a gear

Left: 01E 311 257 F
    Right: 01E 311 257 D

The issue was with the 1st gear on the mainshaft part, I agree. The picture just illustrated how much wider the wide gear is.
    As you can see from the picture both gears (311 257) are without visible damage. The mainshaft on CMG was damaged because of the pictured gear beeing narrow type. The gear surface has eroded away compared to the Mainshaft on DQT witch is really good looking.
    AFAIK the 1st gear part on mainshaft was nearly the same width, or slightly narrower. I did compare mainshafts, but forgot to take the picture of them side by side or exact measurements (i remember them beeing the same width, but i can't guarantee it).

CMG Mainshaft

DQT Mainshaft

Comment

Originally posted by Zoig View Post
      You need 2 gears to make a gear
      Point taken. Item 19 in the diagram that I posted.
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

does the Ur-S4 01E 5 speed boxes has dual mass flywheel or single mass like 3B or 7A engines?

RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
        BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
        LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

01E 5-speed has dual mass flywheel, I have a dual mass flywheel if you need one?
          Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Originally posted by fluk3 View Post
            is there anyone in here who use that gear box on their s2 ?

will it fit?
            Remember you need 6-speed gearbox mounts, 6-speed gear shift mechanisms, either 6-speed subframe or you should make some spacer to fit under the gearbox mounts.
            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas_R View Post
              01E 5-speed has dual mass flywheel, I have a dual mass flywheel if you need one?
              no no¡¡ thank you¡¡ this is because i bought for 1500€ a 100 S4, from year 92, with 01E 5 speed gearbox ,and it makes a little noise only sometimes whem you use reverse gear. the next sunday they will come to my town with the car running. they says this little noise comes from the clutch..because maybe it is very used and will need to be replaced.

engine belts , electric coolant pump and fuel pump are new from the last year.

i see now that maybe it is a direct fit to use if we want any other 01E 6 speed box,same proshaft,gear linkage,subframe,mounts.... so i could use if need sometime a single mass flywheel + 3B clutchs

this is the car:

http://www.segundamano.es/vizcaya/au...=31_s&st=a&c=4
              RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
              BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
              LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

Working...
              X