Clutch kit recommendation 500+ hp setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mika.yomaa View Post
    Have someone used Spec 3+ clutch disc with SRE 707 pressure plate?

Could it be used in your opinion? My SRE gave up last time yesterday at the dragstrip. Car used to have +750nm of torque. Billet blingfactory 3b flywheel should work also with that disc...

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla
    Is the pp gone or disc?

Comment

Hi, I use the regular sachs sre clutch disc, not the sintered one. Launching the car goes easier when I can release the clutch with a little slip... Now it cant hold the torque anymore and it smells like it has been toasted. This setup has seen four years driving. To see what is what engine has to come out.

I "once" tested doing a clutch bomb in the wet to brake the traction but it only got the clutch stuck open somehow...

This SRE is officially rated for 520nm but I need a lauchable clutch that can hold 7-900nm of torque.

Spec site says that stage3+ would be good for my torque levels but any recomendations for options are welcome.

Comment

I have had had no luck with anything form spec. The Sachs sintered is a good step up from the full disk one you have. But for constant drag racing you really want a twin plate unit. You will likely then start to brake more gearboxes and drive line parts...

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mika.yomaa View Post
          Have someone used Spec 3+ clutch disc with SRE 707 pressure plate?

Could it be used in your opinion? My SRE gave up last time yesterday at the dragstrip. Car used to have +750nm of torque. Billet blingfactory 3b flywheel should work also with that disc...

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla
          I use 707 pressure plate with 3+ disc. The 3+ disk is thicker then what the 707 is designed for so used 1mm spacers between 707 and flywheel. When the disc is worn a bit the spacers can be removed to keep clamping force up :-)
          The combo holds 770nm @ wheels. I don't use it for drag, only street and trackdays.

Comment

That number 707 is meant as factory number from sachs? I need new clutch too...so i will take that https://www.sachsperformance.com/en/...-quattro-125kw with sintered clutch disk...I have 7A flywheel .Where you buy clutch? Directly from this sachs site?
            Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Originally posted by Audi_CQ View Post

I use 707 pressure plate with 3+ disc. The 3+ disk is thicker then what the 707 is designed for so used 1mm spacers between 707 and flywheel. When the disc is worn a bit the spacers can be removed to keep clamping force up :-)
              The combo holds 770nm @ wheels. I don't use it for drag, only street and trackdays.
              Thats exactly what i used previously along with an 034 aluminium flywheel. It held 665hp at the wheels easily
              But i have now gone to tilton twin plate for more drag application.

i will have my 034 flywheel and sachs pressure plate up for sale real soon. I have the stage 3+ clutch disc as well but it obviously has wear on it. The flywheel face will need machining also
              Current:
              1993 Audi S2 Kingfisher Blue - GTX3582r w/ E85 = 430kw atw

Past:
              2002 Audi S4 Nogaro Blue Stage 3+ - 250kw+ atw
              2001 Audi S3 Silver - 169kw+ atw

Comment

Working...
              X