Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old member returning after a prolonged absence due to health issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see you back on the forum Kit and on the road to recovery . warm regards Lynn

Comment

Good to have you back brother. Keep at it. We got you!

Comment

Sounds to me like you need to get shot of a few cars tbh.... less headaches all round.

Comment

"Dave's seen the building and has a good idea of how lucky I am"
          A fine shed indeed
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
            Sounds to me like you need to get shot of a few cars tbh.... less headaches all round.
            Yes.... Your absolutely correct. The Golf will be the first to go and I'll probably end up parting with the Corrado, though I'm not selling anything until it's fixed and on the road, unless someone offered me a really good amount for either as they stand... At the end of the day everything has a price. I'm very lucky and have enough space to keep all five off the road, secure and out of sight so I don't have to worry about taxing and insuring everything, once my workshop is finished I'll have space to dry store two cars as well as work on two others.

I have all the parts (and some) in stock ready to sort out the Golf and as I've said this really doesn't need much work and it all stuff I can do while recovering, nothing too heavy. I have a lot of the bit's required to fix the Corrado as well as I'd already picked up various spare panels and bumpers the right colour before crashing it and I have a fair bit left over from an early 16V I broke years ago.

I'm going to keep the three Audi's, the RS2 is a great investment as well as a fantastic car to drive. The 100 will make a good practical daily driver, it's very low mileage and in great condition, it really doesn't need a great deal of work to get it on the road. The C4 A6 will give me something to play with, I have a fully rebuilt/strengthened S2 bottom end and the gas flowed head from old S2 as well all the mechanical parts required to build a complete 20VT engine along with tons of spares and I've always wanted to build a high power I5, though this is certainly isn't high on my list of current priority's.

Right, time for hand/arm exercises....
            1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
            1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
            1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
            1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Good to see you back Kit. You’ve always helped me out in the past and I met you once on a Scotland blast in your RS2 stay safe mate

Comment

Welcome back, sounds like you have been through the mill personally and it takes a lot to return and share personal struggles. Hope you are on the mend and look after yourself!
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Thanks guy's, much appreciated.

The Forum seems to be somewhat quieter than it use to be, though it's good to see a lot of familiar users face are still here.

Still getting use to the new layout, I guess most you guys are using smart phones to post stuff these days? I've literally only in the past month gotten a smart phone, I went three years with no mobile at all which I have to say was bliss, while very useful they really are annoying IMO. But it seems these day one is required to have a mobile phone to do even the most basic things like banking, so I caved in a got Samsung A11 which while nothing special seems to do the job perfectly well. I even managed to list a turbo on eBay using it the other night, though it did make me very, very cross and I ended up redoing the listing on my laptop.

I have a bad habit of smashing phones/laptops when they don't cooperate (Tristan will corroborate this) so I'm going to stick using my phone as a phone (apart from the camera which I have to say is very handy) and anything else online I'll continue using my laptop for.

Comment

Posting from a desktop here (work PC).

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                      Posting from a desktop here (work PC).
                      Ahhh... The joy's of proper keyboard! I don't like touch screen's, they really piss me off, though perhaps I'll adapt when my right hand is better.

Comment

Yes you certainly do/did! Kit also knows my temper, but mine is somewhat determined by my level of hunger..... I can become very angry if not fed! I seem to need about 4000+ calories a day, and can’t get above 10.5 stone! Anyway good to see some level headed posts mate. I had given up popping round because; well it was not often you were speaking much sense! I managed to sort out all refunds and orders here for you in 2019/2020 so no- one is out of pocket or waiting. There is a thread somewhere.

I’m still on the same number by the way so call sometime for a chat if you like.

And cheers for the Saloon BBS wheel, but I am afraid I want to keep the car.

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                        I have a bad habit of smashing phones/laptops when they don't cooperate (Tristan will corroborate this)

Comment

Originally posted by Trist28 View Post
                          Yes you certainly do/did! Kit also knows my temper, but mine is somewhat determined by my level of hunger..... I can become very angry if not fed! I seem to need about 4000+ calories a day, and can’t get above 10.5 stone! Anyway good to see some level headed posts mate. I had given up popping round because; well it was not often you were speaking much sense! I managed to sort out all refunds and orders here for you in 2019/2020 so no- one is out of pocket or waiting. There is a thread somewhere.

I’m still on the same number by the way so call sometime for a chat if you like.

And cheers for the Saloon BBS wheel, but I am afraid I want to keep the car.

Ahh, nice one for stepping in and helping out mate, very much appreciated, I thought it was just my mother... But then again at the time I was to put it bluntly completely mental.

Yeah, you seem to require an astonishing amount of food otherwise you descend into rage, I'm a stone and half heavier than you now at bang on 12 stone or 80KG's for our European friends and I only eat 1500 calories a day, perhaps 1800 or 2000 at a push when I'm working, anymore and I get tubby. I was getting really fat if you recall, I topped out at 15&3/4 stone in 2020 when I was drinking extremely heavily, beer is deadly especially now we're getting old.

No worries on sorting out the wheel and to be honest as much as I'd like the car back, I really don't need anymore projects, regardless you deserve to keep it just for stepping in helping out. If I find anymore bit's for it I'll let you know. Also if you want a hand working on it give me shout and I'll help for free, it would do me good to interact face to face with other humans, I've either pissed off or scared the crap out everybody else locally apart from Jim.

I'm not really one for phone call's as you know, but do feel free to call round anytime you want pretty much, tell you what I'll text you my number then you can give me a buzz to make sure I'm here as I'm often out walking in the daytime. Please don't give my number to anybody else, I still don't really like having a mobile phone so I'm extremely selective about who has it.

Comment

Welcome back Kit. I had wondered where you’d gone after the saga, I thought you’d just turned normal and got out of S2s all together and bought an ordinary car. It’s good to see your side bar again. Positive vibes from me mate!
                            1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                            2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                            2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Originally posted by 4WDrifter View Post
                              Welcome back Kit. I had wondered where you’d gone after the saga, I thought you’d just turned normal and got out of S2s all together and bought an ordinary car. It’s good to see your side bar again. Positive vibes from me mate!
                              Nice one mate...

There's no way I'm ever getting out of S2's and old Audi's, to be honest I recon apart from safety future's most cars built after the year 2000 have gotten to complex for their own good, more and more electrical crap to go wrong, flimsy trim and stuff in the engine bay made of plastic that's bound to go brittle and break as soon as you touch it after ten years. Apart from truly exotic stuff I hate really modern cars, it's like driving an uncooperative robot.

A few months back I had decent go in one of those Toyota Yaris GR's as my Father treated himself to one, yes it handled like nothing I've ever driven and was pretty dam quick so I can see why everyone raves about them. However it still had ton's of excess electrical ******** that would piss me off no end if I was to own one myself, the centre console computer thing alone make's driving one it town difficult due huge blind spots. It was pretty impressive on the open road though to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                                Hi bud glad to hear you are on the mend my wife suffered greatly from depression caused by a high stress job In the NHS she found after trying numerous medications that CBD oils really help so much so she is now back at work full time after been off for over 1 year. We now provide these oils at discount to friends and family if you're interested check out our website bud

www.curedbynature.co.uk

Hope you keep on keeping up it's real struggle for many
                                I meant to respond to this post yesterday evening but got side tracked by all the other post's and typing updates regarding my cars etc... Very sorry to hear your wife is afflicted by depression, it really is a terrible illness to have to live with and it seems to manifest itself in many forms.

I've tried CBD oil, while I'm sure it's very helpful to some people in my case it's like tackling a nuclear explosion with a water pistol.

It's a field I think deserves a lot more research after years off being set back by the absolutely ridiculous 'War on Drugs', the same applies to psychedelic's which some people with PTSD and non responsive major depressive disorder find hugely beneficial.

Normal SSRI's etc actually make me worse as when I flip in one direction something causes a massive release of Noradrenaline which I have no control over, this is the fight or flight chemical for those that don't know. So I literally have fully blown psychotic episode's, where I'm immune to pain, extremely violent and quite frankly a danger to myself and those around me. Hence now being on some pretty serious medications which would totally knock most people out, while in my case they just keep me stable, I'd rather not have to be dependant on pills but I never want to put my family (or myself) through the worry and heartache Septembers events caused ever again.

Comment

Working...
                                X