Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old member returning after a prolonged absence due to health issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a nightmare for sure brother and trying all sorts of medication until it's right can take lots of time, hope you find life is a little better and keep improving over time there are trials now microdosing MDMA and LSD which sounds crazy but seems to be having so amazing results

Comment

Yep, everyone seems to react differently to antidepressant's and other psychoactive compounds, I've literally just been speaking to a mental health nurse who confirmed what I already knew, that getting people with metal health problems the on precisely the right medication(s) is pretty much a game of Russian Roulette.

There's some very interesting trials going on in Canada and the Netherlands currently with all sorts of psychedelics and not just micro dosing, people can also respond well to profound experience's, in some cases it's probably saved lives. It's not actually crazy at all when you consider that human brain itself releases DMT all by itself, which is one of the strongest psychedelics know to man, all be it in tiny quantity's.

Anyway, thanks for the good wishes and good luck with the new business, I'm sure your helping a lot of people.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Thanks bud it has helped the misses massively and that's good enough for us

Comment

Hey Kit! Glad you are on the mend and back in action here.

Comment

Originally posted by saltinot View Post
            Hey Kit! Glad you are on the mend and back in action here.
            Thanks mate, great to see your still here! I’ll have to find your project thread and see where your at with what was one of the most impressive builds I’ve seen, the attention to detail was really quite something. From what I gather there’s now a handful of RS2’s stateside now since the 25 year rule now allows them to be imported, you’ll always have the satisfaction of having built yours yourself from the ground up.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post

Thanks mate, great to see your still here! I’ll have to find your project thread and see where your at with what was one of the most impressive builds I’ve seen, the attention to detail was really quite something. From what I gather there’s now a handful of RS2’s stateside now since the 25 year rule now allows them to be imported, you’ll always have the satisfaction of having built yours yourself from the ground up.
              Cheers Kit! Yes, I will always have the satisfaction, and a great story, that I did built it in my home garage. I know that everything is like new also. Glad you have enjoyed the thread. I still need to get the pictures back. They disappeared after the forum upgrade a few years back now and without them the thread has lost it charm/usefulness. I have added a few in myself, but that is tedious and time consuming work. I need to get some small updates out there as it has been a while since I have posted anything.

Again, glad you are doing better and are back on the forum. I always enjoyed your projects.....and comments .

Comment

Wow Kit! Brave post, not an easy thing to discuss so you have my admiration for that. Too many people ( mainly men) don't share 'feelings' as they think it is a sign of weakness, when actually I feel it is a strength. My step son suffers with depression and I have to a lesser extent in the past so can understand what you've gone through.
                Keep taking things in small steps and praise yourself for any achievements and when things get too much just think f*ck it and go polish a car or something.

Comment

Originally posted by bluequattro View Post
                  Wow Kit! Brave post, not an easy thing to discuss so you have my admiration for that. Too many people ( mainly men) don't share 'feelings' as they think it is a sign of weakness, when actually I feel it is a strength. My step son suffers with depression and I have to a lesser extent in the past so can understand what you've gone through.
                  Keep taking things in small steps and praise yourself for any achievements and when things get too much just think f*ck it and go polish a car or something.
                  Thank mate, that means a lot to me and I'm sorry to hear that your step son suffers from depression, and even if you've only had a mild dose of it in the past yourself I'm sure know just how debilitating it can be. Yeah, it's a bit weird really when you think about it as we have no real control over our brain chemistry, yet talking about it did seem to be a sign of weakness, whereas one can discuss breaking an arm or something with no stigma attached, though I have to say the general situation is better than it was even only ten years ago.

At the moment I have to be so careful of my left elbow that I can't really get stuck into anything car wise properly, every time I move it's twinges to remind me it's not happy. Which is frustrating considering my right wrist, which looked like someone had taken a sledge hammer to it is comparatively strong and totally pain free, even if it's range of movement is probably only about 30% of what it should be and I can feel the metal work. It's only been three weeks since I rebroke the elbow stupidly trying to use a cordless drill to fix my kitchen table (which I'd punched and damaged in a previous outburst), I literally felt it snap and all my fingers went numb as there's major nerves that run though it to ones hand. Still it's not crunching anymore and I simply have to give it more time.

Though as I've said I'm feeling better now mentally than I have in years, so I'm trying to stay positive and do as much exercise/physiotherapy as I can, just doing simple things like the washing up or hoovering feels like an achievement, which in my case given how rubbish I use to be at house work it really is.

Comment

Good to see you’re still around Kit
                    All the best
                    Gav
                    S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Good to see you back Kit!

The forum is definitely quieter than it used to be with a lot of people on Facebook mostly asking the same old questions over and over!

Comment

Really good to read all the supporting posts here. This forum seems to have escaped the 'facebook syndrome'
                        where everybody seems to think that they need to express their (mostly unwanted) opinions all the time.

Speaking out like this Kit, shows you want to get to grips with what's happening to you.
                        Hope you really succeed in getting en staying healthy!!

JW
                        | project | 1993 Audi 80 VR6 turbo quattro |
                        | daily | 2006 BMW E91 335d | 385bhp 735Nm |

Comment

Again, thanks for the supportive post guys, good to see another couple of old faces are still here and I've meet Gav a couple of times in person, though it's been quite a long time... I don't do Facebook, I'm not really a social media fan at all, I actually think it's harmful or at least it can be.

Cheers struikie! I couldn't go on as I was mate, I was literally killing myself either with alcohol or, well, lets leave that bit there...
                          Last edited by K Simmonds; 15 November 2021, 20:01.

Comment

Hey, glad that you are doing better now, keep it steady and strong. Also I was one of those who didn’t got the parts from you, but that is nothing in comparison to the problems you had to deal with. Sometimes there are bigger and more important things in life to concentrate on, so like the old saying goes: “It’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice”

Comment

Originally posted by quattrito View Post
                              Hey, glad that you are doing better now, keep it steady and strong. Also I was one of those who didn’t got the parts from you, but that is nothing in comparison to the problems you had to deal with. Sometimes there are bigger and more important things in life to concentrate on, so like the old saying goes: “It’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice”
                              Thanks very much for your understanding, that's a really nice post, I'm very sorry you got mucked about and I do hope you were refunded. But as I said in my first post I really didn't know what the hell was going on for probably the best part of six months, if wasn't for the fact I could just hid due to the Covid pandemic I would absolutely have been sectioned. Then I dealt it with by drinking myself half to death, in one of my final weekends drinking I put away four 75cl bottles of 40% spirits, (Gin and Vodka) 6 bottles of red wine and 48 bottles of 4% larger, the hangover was something else and I came out in rash all over my body, a sure sign that my Liver and Kidneys were starting to fail.

I don't see any point trying to hid it, in fact it helps being able to talk about things, it's just a pity it took me smashing myself to bits to get any proper help after years of being mucked about and fed drugs that made me worse by stupid doctors. Still apart from the physical injury's I'm recovering from I'm doing much, much better than I have in years, life seems worth living again.

Comment

So glad to see you back Kit ,
                                and hear that Life is worth hanging around for.
                                Not on here much now myself but yeah as the others said, the forum needs you , and your wealth of knowledge on these old motors!
                                All the very best

Comment

Working...
                                X