X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparxx View Post
    found an issue by using my iPhone.

Can't see the Home-Forums-Blogs lauch bar up there.
    It's impossible to start forum by a click,
    Ok on iPad.
    Do you have a three bar line button at top left?
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Well i finally found the log in button!!!
      I'll reserve final judgement until the tweaking is done as i understand there's been a lot of footslogging to get this far.
      Not a fan of the white background and black writing though, much preferred the blue and white writing. This gave the S2Forum it's identity.

At the moment it definitely isn't as user friendly and any time savings from the new software are lost tenfold trying to find things in the new layout.
      In my opinion the old forum was as close to perfection as you could get for a car forum so i'd be aiming to replicate where possible.

Comment

Is anyone else getting messages in PM's truncated to 2 lines?
        Greg

Comment

Originally posted by HPsauce View Post
          As I said earlier:I would prioritise a "Mark all Read" button over tweaking colours, but maybe that's just me......
          Well I finally found that button, though it's a bit obscure.
          Choose "FORUMS" on the top line menu/tabs then scroll right to the bottom!
          There's a "Mark Channels Read" button which seems to do what I want. Could that be placed at the top and always accessible please?

Comment

thanks for the big update chaps as to the thread colour being white its quite bright could you try white on black or darker background perhaps
            ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
            THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

I just want to thank you guys for keeping this great forum available to all of us.
              While there may be some teething problems with the upgrade / switch over, I'm not put out as I would be if the forum and all the information was no longer available to me, it is a great resource allowing me to run my UrS6 with confidence.

While there are some areas that are confusing for me, I'm sure it and me will come into alignment over the next few months.

Thanks for your work guys - Sonic and Greg and anyone else involved.

Comment

Can't find my post about wrong flags under profile.
                How to find uploaded attachment list?
                5vtq gte

Comment

I don't know what to say about the changes, except too say the changes must be an improvement otherwise you wouldn't have done it. I do have to agree with mostly everyone else that the colours on the old forum were spot on. I'm finding it hard and I can't seam to find my threads. I could visit my page and press "Show all my statistics" then press on eitherThis function isn't showing for me any more. Will this be fixed? Thanks.
                  96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                  96 URS6 plus speck estate
                  94 2.6 80 Avant
                  99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post

Do you have a three bar line button at top left?
                    Yes, and now there is a forum button inside. Great!
                    "That which does not kill our cars, makes them go faster"

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                      Is anyone else getting messages in PM's truncated to 2 lines?
                      I'm getting PM's that are only two lines but they show up full text in the email notification. Very strange.
                      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                        I don't know what to say about the changes, except too say the changes must be an improvement otherwise you wouldn't have done it. I do have to agree with mostly everyone else that the colours on the old forum were spot on. I'm finding it hard and I can't seam to find my threads. I could visit my page and press "Show all my statistics" then press on either

This function isn't showing for me any more. Will this be fixed? Thanks.
                        If you go to the top right of the page where you login name shows, there is a pull down menu with "my recent posts". From there, you can sort by date, replies, etc. The topics you started option is available by clicking the "members" box above the list and ticking "started posts only".
                        Last edited by Jamin; 25 July 2017, 11:45.
                        1992 80 quattro 20vT

Comment

Originally posted by Jamin View Post

If you go to the top right of the page where you login name shows, there is a pull down menu with "my recent posts". From there, you can sort by date, replies, etc. The topics you started option is available by clicking the "members" box above the list and ticking "started posts only".
                          Thanks Jamin i'm now able to find my started threads although the process is clunky and only works when clicking that function twice.Still it's better than nothing Cheers.
                          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                          96 URS6 plus speck estate
                          94 2.6 80 Avant
                          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                            Still it's better than nothing Cheers.
                            lol, it's better than before as it has more functionality. The clicking twice must be a bug, as I get that too.

1992 80 quattro 20vT

Comment

I get error message about PM storage what to do? Deleted all sent items and nothing changed show exactly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by HPsauce View Post

Well I finally found that button, though it's a bit obscure.
                                Choose "FORUMS" on the top line menu/tabs then scroll right to the bottom!
                                There's a "Mark Channels Read" button which seems to do what I want. Could that be placed at the top and always accessible please?
                                Will add to the list
                                Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X