Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a few problems with PM's in that I can't start a new conversation. Get this message:

"You have reached your stored private message quota of 2000 topics. You have 2082 topics saved combined in your private message folders. Please delete some of your existing topics."

I've just deleted half my PM's so should be well below now.

A couple of observations on the PM side of features that used to be good but have now gone, so no rush:
    The year is missing from the date of the PM's
    I can't see the option to download all PM's to csv etc, this used to be really useful

The site is getting there guys, thanks again for all the work put in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic View Post
      Should work now

££££££££££
      äÄ öÖ éèê

so the Finns can file stuff in Mappi Ö again

Comment

• 91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• While I was looking with search I've noticed only day and month shown on an older post. Year of post was missing. Must have been a few years old at least but could not find anything.
          Is this a settings thing on forum or on users side?
          1967 fiat 500 future project
          1976 audi 100 coupe S
          1989 vw corrado 16V
          1989 audi 90 quattro 20V sport
          1994 audi RS2 project
          1994 audi RS2 parts car
          1995 audi RS2 project

Comment

• My fault, fixed, well spotted and thanks for reporting!
            S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Not sure if it's just me but on the homepage the threads I've posted in don't seem to appear when there has been a new post made. If i click on "todays posts" at the top of the homepage then they are listed as they used to be.
              Also on the advanced search function the text down the left of the page i.e. "keywords" "members" "tags" this text is in black and on the blue background is just about unreadable. I'm using the S2Forum theme.
              Not criticising, just pointing these things out incase they haven't been spotted yet.
              Loved the old (b4) layout and look much more, but i have faith in time you will crack the new layout. It doesn't have the old feel just now. Thanks for all the hard work so far.
              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• V€ry happ¥ with the direction... its @lmost there¡

¿¤♤♡◇♧ •●○°°°°

well done ch@p$
                Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• can some one tell me why i can not post replies on the for sale forums

Comment

• Is it just me, in my profile I can't find anymore links to all my started threads, or all my posts..? Not possible to find started threads by other either, directly from their profiles. Only fancy settings in advanced search which has so many option you can't be sure you have all right to find what you wan't. I would say less is more when thinking of forum usability. At least with mobile devices you wan't to keep basic things simpple. Can it be more simpple or fast to use if there is a simpple link to all started threads(I think there was links like that in the beginning?) that shows all your threads in the sequence that have been replied to last.

I guess PM doesn't have any limit anymore(?), because I can't see any way of delete only one post, need to delete the whole thread which usually isn't an option I can use.
                    Last edited by Thuppu; 4 August 2017, 11:40.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                      Is it just me, in my profile I can't find anymore links to all my started threads, or all my posts..? Not possible to find started threads by other either, directly from their profiles. Only fancy settings in advanced search which has so many option you can't be sure you have all right to find what you wan't. I would say less is more when thinking of forum usability. At least with mobile devices you wan't to keep basic things simpple. Can it be more simpple or fast to use if there is a simpple link to all started threads(I think there was links like that in the beginning?) that shows all your threads in the sequence that have been replied to last.

I guess PM doesn't have any limit anymore(?), because I can't see any way of delete only one post, need to delete the whole thread which usually isn't an option I can use.
                      too

^This too. I have or should I say, Had, 55 pages of categorized subscriptions grouped for fast retrieval of information. Gone are the groupings & no way to reorganize them.
                      "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

• Have I missed something? When I'm adding [img]....[img] code in PM, the images doesn't show up
                        Team RS
                        Grundey Intake

Comment

• Just wanted to chime in with some positive feedback for the boys behind the curtain.

Great work with the quick turnaround time finding and fixing errors, both before they're noticed en mass and commented about in this thread or otherwise.

The "new" (old) S2forum colour scheme is on point, as are many of the incremental improvements. Things like the new reply window (the buttons are better, and I really like the drop down bar to resize the window), the log in button works great now and in general the speed of the forum is improved. I haven't been logged in much but the early frustration of the migration seems to have disappeared. Not sure if that's due to increasing familiarity, or behind the scenes tweaks, but things are coming together very nicely now.

One development I'd like to see is the return of the hover-preview. What I mean by that is, on the old forum you could hover the mouse on the title of the thread, and a small text box would appear with the first (say) 50 words of the thread so you could preview it without having to load the thread. Was a very handy feature, and would be great to see a return if possible.

Thanks again for all the hard work boys!
                          Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                          2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                          2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                          1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                          1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

• I have noticed that if View All is selected on New Posts tab it is only possible to scroll through the pages using the NEXT tab. If any page number is pressed the screen reverts to the first page when viewed on my mobile. Don't think that should happen
                            Cheers
                            Don
                            ---------------------
                            Everything in perfect working order

Comment

• Andy and I have been working on some more fixes to the forum today and a number of enhancements:
                              1. Upgraded the versions to 5.3.2 PL1
                              2. Installed tapatalk
                              3. Themes have been updated
                              4. Old forum users that havent been posted have been pruned
                              5. Tidy up forum permissions
                              6. Move all forsale and wanted areas into their own area
                              7. Added a "Mark All Read" button to the top navbar
                              8. Updated moderator permissions
                              9. Images and BBCode now work in PM's, but dont render in emails still
                              We have pulled together all comments and feedback into a backlog to work on. There is still quite a long list of enhancements to be done at some point but the site should be alot more usable now.

In answer to some of the other questions on the thread:
                              • To view posts and threads by a user: View the user profile, click on about, links are at the bottom of the page.
                              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Style improved but still in progress before i get strung up on the nearest lamp post

Feedback greatly appreciated
                                S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Working...
                                X