Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muuuuuuuch better.... good work guys!!!
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

• Great work guys!

I did notice 1 thing: the background of the search results page (advanced search) is whith, which makes the white text kinda hard to read...

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Yes! Looking like the old forum again, thanks

Comment

• Its great now. Its like the old home but upgraded like the homes on Grand Designs
          Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

• When I come on to the forum I keep getting a error message when I touch the ok message that's there it goes red then doesn't do anything I have to refresh page. Also I,m finding the page keeps flashing or just going blue. It could be me not using it correctly

Comment

• Would it possible to remove Google Ad Services from the forum?

Comment

• Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
                  Would it possible to remove Google Ad Services from the forum?
                  Whilst it's not ideal, the Google Ads is basically the only revenue (~£50pcm) the forum gets to partly fund things like the software, hosting costs, PLI etc...

I'm not a fan of the ads either and have an adblocker installed in my browser, and i've seen first-hand how it can ruin the experience on mobile without tapatalk, so i have trimmed down the size and effect of them - but they are kind of essential if the forum is to remain free to access for all.

I think there does need to be some more time spent to tidy these up, especially on mobile, but the initial aim was just to get them back on the forum rather than perfect their size, shape and location which are all things we can look into later.

Our priorities thus far after the upgrade have been firstly bug reports that needed fixing as a priority - and we're pretty much up to date on those, secondly style and colour scheme which caused a bit of a backlash, and thirdly general improvements where possible which is more the phase we'll be moving in to now after the styles are complete.

We currently have 45 tickets which we're working on, and we managed to do about 15 at the weekend, which leaves 30 still to work on and are all either general improvements or back-end tasks.
                  S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• As Andy says they are needed for the forum to function.

I can tweak the settings of how they display on different viewing platforms, but we have been limited on how much time we can spend working on it.

We are working on incremental improvements mostly now.

Originally posted by Sonic View Post

Whilst it's not ideal, the Google Ads is basically the only revenue (~£50pcm) the forum gets to partly fund things like the software, hosting costs, PLI etc...

I'm not a fan of the ads either and have an adblocker installed in my browser, and i've seen first-hand how it can ruin the experience on mobile without tapatalk, so i have trimmed down the size and effect of them - but they are kind of essential if the forum is to remain free to access for all.

I think there does need to be some more time spent to tidy these up, especially on mobile, but the initial aim was just to get them back on the forum rather than perfect their size, shape and location which are all things we can look into later.

Our priorities thus far after the upgrade have been firstly bug reports that needed fixing as a priority - and we're pretty much up to date on those, secondly style and colour scheme which caused a bit of a backlash, and thirdly general improvements where possible which is more the phase we'll be moving in to now after the styles are complete.

We currently have 45 tickets which we're working on, and we managed to do about 15 at the weekend, which leaves 30 still to work on and are all either general improvements or back-end tasks.
                    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• I can't seem to post pictures in portrait format?? Landscape format is no problem though?

Anyone else having this problem?

John.

Comment

• Thanks again to all the admins, huge amount of work there!

Comment

• Thanks for forum colors, a lot better now.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• I agree , no dazzle late at night , loads better , appreciate all the hard free work done by admin guys , top job. Whilst opinions count for much most of us are not the tired souls working all night trying to please us all ...

Comment

• Originally posted by John. View Post
                              I can't seem to post pictures in portrait format?? Landscape format is no problem though?

Anyone else having this problem?

John.
                              John,

you will need to resize resize your images I expect. If they are too wide they won't upload.
                              Greg

Comment

• Quick question, would members like to have notifications when people like their posts?
                                Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X