X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many PM's do you have left?
    Originally posted by quattrito View Post
    I get error message about PM storage what to do? Deleted all sent items and nothing changed show exactly the same.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

920 in inbox and total. I can't send new PM because of this error.

Comment

Originally posted by quattrito View Post
        920 in inbox and total. I can't send new PM because of this error.
        I see you have the following, but have given you a few extra anyway

Sent Items 1568
        Inbox 922
        Trash 40
        Total 2530
        S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

i must say private messaging improved as it works like a chat

Comment

It does not seem that project threads and group buy threads are part of "home" as it used to be. Can you look into it?

And top job on the new homepage really much easier to navigate on the phone.
            Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post

I see you have the following, but have given you a few extra anyway

Sent Items 1568
              Inbox 922
              Trash 40
              Total 2530
              Hey, thanks for heads up, but I deleted all of the sent items when first the error appeared. Will try again shortly.

Comment

New site looking really good, well done for all the hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post

Maximum PMs should be 2000 already - is this not working for you, or do you have over 2000 PMs saved?

I've just enabled a setting which will allow users to send messages to other users who have exceeded their quota.

I can increase the quota further, but i'm reluctant for to allow everyone to have so many messages for db performance reasons, and to avoid their PMs being used as an email inbox
                  How can it be that PM's are over the 2000 limit, when the limit was the same before and I had something like 1985 messages, now it say 2272???

And still can't see the PM count in inbox and sended messages. I only get that Error 2272 pcs when I try to send a PM.

Also these dosn't work:

Quite annoying when some PM's comes in swedish or finnish.
                  Last edited by Thuppu; 26 July 2017, 10:11.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                  Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                  BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                  BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Where do I find the message count for pm?

I can see my old messages but not how many...
                    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Some people have commented on the improved speed of the new update. That's not my experience, I find pages are noticeably slower to load than the before.
                      The previous version was rapid and only slowed down when a thread page had a lot of high resolution images to display.

Another observation I have is that I can no longer post a replay with an older version of Opera, when I click on the Post Reply button I am present with a message dialogue box to open or save a default file, clicking on save to

Comment

Thread pages no longer show who is reading the thread you are viewing at the bottom of the page.

Comment

I'm using Safari and the "S2 Forum" colour scheme, it seems to be really good so far with the only glitch being that topics are harder to search for.

Comment

The forum layout isn't bad with mobile, but it is very hard to reply and add pics as the pics appear in the edit box. Also not possible to remove the pics. Would it be possible to add the pic in text format with image tags?
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                            Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                            BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                            BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Forums, like mobile phone software upgrades, are always welcomed with scrutiny and dissaproval.
                              I think once we all get used to it, we'll be accustomed to it as we all are with the annoying update on Android

So, personal preference aside, I'd like to thank all involved with the behind the scenes happenings on this platform. It's been an invaluable tool in the ownership of my RS2 and all other cars that have come and gone.

Right, now that thats aside, there seem to be glitches in either fonts or emoticons as there are currency symbols coming up on threads like swear words

Example here: https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...r-all-i5/page6

1994 UrS4 with RS2 turbo
                              1995 RS2 Avant Nogaro
                              1999 S4 2.7T Avant
                              2005 A3 3.2 q M daily 3dr
                              2007 C6S6 V10
                              2013 B8.5 allroad 2.0T for Mrs

Comment

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
                                The forum layout isn't bad with mobile, but it is very hard to reply and add pics as the pics appear in the edit box. Also not possible to remove the pics. Would it be possible to add the pic in text format with image tags?
                                I've just changed the attachments a bit, firstly by increasing the upload size limit to 2MB which means most people can upload pics directly off their mobile phone and the server will resize them.

Secondly i've enabled inline thumbnails, so you can just upload the attachments then post, and it will automatically display the attachment thumbnails in the post (like this post as an example). You don't need to actually insert the image in the post at all, but if you want to do this and insert inline with the text you still can and select what size you want to display. This will however include the actual size of the pic in the editor as its WYSIWYG.

If you want you can view the post editor in "Source" mode which will just display the images inline as text (click the A at the top right of the editor then the first button on the left in the new menu).

You can move or remove pics inline just as you can with text - by dragging it around or by clicking backspace to delete it, but it will still be there as an attachment on the post to use unless you click "Remove" next to it.
                                Attached Files
                                S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Working...
                                X