Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol it does quite a bit more than just change the background color, but yes the main content areas are still white.
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Something strange with my PM. Can't send anything, I'll get this warning: "You have reached your stored private message quota of 2000 topics. You have 2272 topics saved combined in your private message folders. Please delete some of your existing topics." Old PM was max 1000+1000 messages how can I have that much of them?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
      Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
      BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
      BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Good work guys. After many years of using a variety of forums, this is still the one I check in on despite no longer owning an S2 ha ha ha. It has basically become routine. Almost like I must know what second hand MAFs are available for a car I no longer own.

Sounds like you are looking into a variety of suggestions that have been made. The white background is a bit too much for longer browsing but I like everything else. Once I found the login button, the rest looks good to me. These things are always just about getting used to a bit of change.

Many thanks for the ongoing availability of the best forum I use

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post

Andy modified this earlier I think when I do from desktop it redirects to the thread properly, was this happening on mobile?
          This is using some mobiquito forwarded which no longer exists, if the take the URL its trying to redirect to with showthread.php?t= then that's the thing i've already fixed. If i google and click the link then it does open correctly even though that link above doesn't.

Comment

oooh responsive!

Thank you VERY much!

Comment

Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
              Something strange with my PM. Can't send anything, I'll get this warning: "You have reached your stored private message quota of 2000 topics. You have 2272 topics saved combined in your private message folders. Please delete some of your existing topics." Old PM was max 1000+1000 messages how can I have that much of them?
              Maximum PMs should be 2000 already - is this not working for you, or do you have over 2000 PMs saved?

I've just enabled a setting which will allow users to send messages to other users who have exceeded their quota.

I can increase the quota further, but i'm reluctant for to allow everyone to have so many messages for db performance reasons, and to avoid their PMs being used as an email inbox

Comment

I'd be happy to look at the CSS side of things, however the vBulletin how-tos appear to want you to edit it within the admin back end, by altering SASS variable values, not sure you want me in there

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                  I'd be happy to look at the CSS side of things, however the vBulletin how-tos appear to want you to edit it within the admin back end, by altering SASS variable values, not sure you want me in there
                  Welcome to my world of pain... and i've resorted to tweaking the vb templates ridden with logic tags and then the native css classes to end up with what we have, as lot of the variables are obviously based on the markup and structure in the templates.

I think what i've done thus far with the new S2Forum template is useful, but i'm bloody useless at colour schemes etc and im just spending hours frigging around until i get something that looks right and then trying to work out what variable changes what

#111111 font on #ffffff background goes well, and then a combo of #333333 header bg with #666666 border, #ffffff font and #cc0000 links or hover seems to work well!

Comment

Thanks Gents for all the hard work you have put into this effort. I would be lost without the S2forum for information regarding my projects. One thing I have noticed is that my Subscribed Post are no longer categorized as they once were. Any way to get this feature back? Saves a lot of time not having to wade thru multiple pages to find that nugget of information you needed.
                    Again, Thank You for all that you do,
                    Chris
                    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Originally posted by aRtiS View Post
                      Yes old version somehow was better. But will be ok

Still can not find my inbox, Ok found it
                      Old version was old, slow, buggy and insecure

But clearly there'll be a period of change and familiarity required in order to get this new version up and running as successfully as the last

Our priority thus far as been to retain all topics, replies, users and messages whilst migrating across to a new secure server and upgraded to use the latest and greatest vbulletin software.

Now that is complete we can turn our attention to the smaller but more user-facing bits such as the template style etc as time allows.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post

Welcome to my world of pain... and i've resorted to tweaking the vb templates ridden with logic tags and then the native css classes to end up with what we have, as lot of the variables are obviously based on the markup and structure in the templates.

I think what i've done thus far with the new S2Forum template is useful, but i'm bloody useless at colour schemes etc and im just spending hours frigging around until i get something that looks right and then trying to work out what variable changes what

#111111 font on #ffffff background goes well, and then a combo of #333333 header bg with #666666 border, #ffffff font and #cc0000 links or hover seems to work well!
                        Appreciate your work Sonic! Yes, the artistry is often where web devs such as myself fall down a little.... a dark background is much harder to work with, I do not envy you

Your hexes look good to me, accessibility shouldn't be a problem with that level of contrast.

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                          Agreed with most, appreciate the hard work and look forward to using the new & improved version of this venerable site. Thanks to all who laboured (and continue to do so) for your efforts.

I too prefer the darker colour schemes, makes it easier on the eyes to read.
                          Top work chaps....
                          it does appear the old un's on the forum are struggling with the bright and funky layout....I am sure it will work itself out in the end..I for one am impressed that the migration happened without too much major issues....

Comment

found an issue by using my iPhone.

Can't see the Home-Forums-Blogs lauch bar up there.
                            It's impossible to start forum by a click,
                            Ok on iPad.
                            "That which does not kill our cars, makes them go faster"

Comment

I appreciate all the hard work guys. But have to agree the old lay out was far more user friendly for me. It's lots it's personality
                              Cheers mis amigos,
                              _Anton

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                                We can add additional css in the templates but it doesn't look a straightforward task. Maybe we could get one of these http://www.vbstyles.com/vbulletin-5x-skins-c7.html
                                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
                                X