Forum Running Slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDIT: sorry, I had not read all the above posts
    Last edited by Bram; 7 September 2010, 09:41.

Comment

I just have tried something else. I disabled the use of IPv6 in the Network options on Mac OS X. Things seem to speed up quite a bit, although still not near as fast as on Windows XP and Windows 7. At least now I receive the whole pages, and it loads in chunks.

Could you try to enable certain IPv6 options on the server side to see if that helps?

Comment

Why this forum is opening/working soooooooo slow? Or that's happening to just me?
        For example: this image (http://www.s2forum.com/forum/image.p...ine=1108906716) opens in 245 sec, when not in browser cache.
        Last edited by Val; 20 September 2010, 20:37.
        5vtq gte

Comment

Your not the only one.......

Comment

You're indeed not the only one. I have it as well, however, I can't reproduce the issue in Firefox. In Safari , it's always slow for me. At first i was thinking it might be an issue with PMTUD (path mtu discovery) , I tried changing my MTU size to 1400, but to no avail. Then i found out that firefox is working correctly for me, so i have *no* idea what it might be. Server seems to be running windows... Also not the best platform to host these kind of forums Btw. you could firewall of your MySQL port, and remote desktop connection to the server, no need to have it opened up for the world i think?

Comment

On my homecomputer and htpc the forum is running and loading nice and fast. Using Win XP with all latest updates and Firefox 3.6.10.

With my mobile phone, Nokia N900(Maemo linux) with stock browser, the forum is quite slow and don't always load the whole page. You have to refresh the page several times before it loads all content...

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
              Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
              BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
              BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

I gave in to Tapatalk in the end. E38, Corrado Forum and here is on it so it made sense. Been fine since!

May be an issue with Safari browser then?
                Current: Mk3 Golf GL 2.0 Estate
                Hers: VW Corrado 2.0 16v

Next: Audi S2 Avant... Watch this space

Comment

yep continuing to have pageload problems with bog standard IE, will load some of the thread then fail to complete and serve the quick reply area. It will soometimes work if the page is refreshed but not always, seems pretty inconsistent at the mo unfortunately
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Still can't use the forum at all on Bt n.Ireland runs fine on 3 mobile.

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                      Still can't use the forum at all on Bt n.Ireland runs fine on 3 mobile.
                      Really...have they said what the cause is?
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• I havnt talked to Bt about it. I'm sure I will just get fobbed off by them. It does open sometimes but takes 10mins to get the main page up. Same on 2 computers at 2 addresses both on Bt. Fine on 3. Weird.

Comment

• we're not always *that* bad

If its any help, i get this on my sky BB and my BB connections and i think fault is not as a result of the underlying BB supplier. Presume your 3 connection is via a 3G mobile dongle?
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Its absolutely NOT a BT NI thing... runs fine on my PC, but rubbish on Macs & iPhones - something to do with OS version, browser version or some other plug in nonsense.

My iPhone behaves same with the forum lately when connected to home WiFi or on 3G from O2 - nothing to do with client side ISP.
                            Paul Nugent
                            Webmaster http://S2central.net
                            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• I also cant get on using OSX with safary. Even after 3 days of loading the title page is still uncompleat...
                              91 S2 coupé - RIP
                              98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

• Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                                Its absolutely NOT a BT NI thing... runs fine on my PC, but rubbish on Macs & iPhones - something to do with OS version, browser version or some other plug in nonsense.

My iPhone behaves same with the forum lately when connected to home WiFi or on 3G from O2 - nothing to do with client side ISP.
                                I think it is ISP based as on my laptop on my home internet it is fine, if I connect with my mobile internet dongle it wont load for about 10 minutes.

Previously before the changes the front page loaded the same on both methods

That is using firefox

Comment

Working...
                                X